5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

FGU cosmetic text rendering issue with scaled displays

Hi; this one is a bit weird to explain but it should be pretty easy to replicate. Fresh instance of FGU, no extensions, default theme, etc, any ruleset but I used 5e. I don't see how the ruleset would influence this.

I have a 32inch 4k display, and to play FGU I run at 150% scaleui. You won't see this issue at 100%, but you do see it kind of manifest at 200%.

Basically, what seems to be happening is that the way text is rendered is mapped to one set of co-ordinates, while the window dragging happens on another set, if that makes sense. So as you drag a window, the kerning and alignment shifts subtly as you drag. It's really distracting.

Furthermore, at 150%, you get sometimes a line line this, where some characters are rendered at a different y co-ordinate than the rest of the text:

Here's an example actually dragging a story window:

You can see this happens also with the controls; the slider on the right is "jiggling about" as is the icons in the page prev/next buttons.

I know it's cosmetic, but it's pretty annoying especially when reading content and suddenly you see a weird line like the first example.

Yes I see this too sometimes. THe solution is to slightly change the size of the window and it sorts itself out.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes, this is a known issue; but it involves a very large and widespread set of changes to fix, so we haven't had the resources to tackle it yet in the scheme of priorities.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information