STAR TREK 2d20

Any Way to Create New Creature Types

My current campaign has my players fighting creatures being created by "dark magic". Because of how they are created, these creatures do not fit in (story wise) with the listed creature types that Fantasy Grounds recognize. To counter these new "monsters" I have created weapons and relics for my players to find and recover from a variety of dungeons and mini-bosses. I want to make use of the IF and IFT effect codes for these new creatures. However, as it, Fantasy Grounds only recognizes the default types. Right now, my players are just using a damage die action effect when they fight these created creatures, but they have to always ask "are this shadow creatures" or they forget to roll the additional damage. Thus the reason for wanting to use the IF and IFT effects. Is there a way to add new creature types to the game? I have searched the forums and the wiki and have not found anything so thought I would ask in a post.

Thanks for any input and advice. I am not a coder or anything so if there is a way to create an extension or something can you please include directions and/or an example. I do appreciate any assistance and answers to this.

I'd imagine you could add new creature types via and extension.

But you can still use the IFT with the CUSTOM keyword. So if your new monster type is 'Haggis' you can create an effect of 'Haggis' and apply it to the NPC once it's on the CT. Then in the players action tab create an effect of IFT: CUSTOM(Haggis); DMG: 1d6 (for example).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you for the reply Zaccaeus. How would I go about creating an extension for it? I am not a coder so any assistance on that would be very much appreciated.

That I couldn’t tell you. You’d need to do some research and maybe take apart some existing extensions or ask here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...?96-Extensions
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Actually, that should be easy to add in an extension; I could create a dummy extension for you which you just need to edit However, I am very busy right now; so, you may need to remember me in some days or so if I forget to write again

Thank you Kelrugem. I was able to adjust your different damage type extensions to work for me as well. I do appreciate the time and effort whenever you get a chance to. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by ezetaurus View Post
    Thank you Kelrugem. I was able to adjust your different damage type extensions to work for me as well. I do appreciate the time and effort whenever you get a chance to. Thanks again!
    Ah, then you already know the drill with that type of stuff

To add new creature types you can add to that dummy extension:

Code:
    table.insert(DataCommon.creaturetype, "new type");
    (replace new type with your custom types)

You can also use creaturesubtype instead of creaturetype, but that is just for sorting purposes, the automation is the same
    Last edited by Kelrugem; May 18th, 2021 at 13:06.

Thank you very much for your assistance on this. I very much appreciate the response and help. Got it up, tested, and working.

cool, you're welcome

Thread Information