FG Spreadshirt Swag

All My Save DCs are 10

I'm newish and so take that into account. However, I noticed all my characters and my friends' characters have spell DCs of 10. They are all level 1s and this includes Cleric, 3 Wizards, and Sorcerer sheets. I had been running Grim Press 5E DMG and PHB Automatic Effects but I have this same problem when I load in without these enabled and loaded.

I am seeing Base is "8 + Ability" and Stat as "Base" when I look into each spell with a save. If I change Base to the actual INT or CHA or WIS for the proper class, it then works fine.

Is this just me?

(I accidentally posted this into another forum but cannot delete it. Sorry for the double-post.)

Base should be fine - since if the character was created properly then FG knows that the Base stat for a Wizard is Intelligence and Wisdom is the Base for a Cleric. If this isn't working it suggests that the characters weren't constructed properly or that an extension which was active when they wer created is causing an issue. Test creating a new character in a new campaign without any extensions and just using the PHB and see if that results in the correct DC calculation.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for the help. And I love the video tutorials!

I created a new Campaign. I only loaded in the Dungeon theme and once in I uploaded the PHB and I also uploaded Phandelver thinking I would need a map to test spells which is not the case. I created a Sorcerer which ended up with good stats on my first roll but that is besides the point. But still, with an 18 Char you can see my save DCs are 10. The Base is coming up Group Utility or something like that which I do not think I stated before. I might have changed it from that before when I typed the above. Anyhow, this is what I am getting with a brand spanking new character.

sorc01.jpg
    sorc02.jpg
    sorc03.jpg
    Last edited by Tooting Dog; May 16th, 2021 at 22:12.

I’m not sure what is going wrong then. The group DC is the stat which is in the power group. Click the magnifying glass on the sorcerers spells line and you should see the stat being used. Did you create the character using the character wizard or using drag and drop?

You could check you don’t have any unpacked rulesets in your rulesets folder and it might also be worth deleting the 5e.pak file from there and update FG anyway. Not sure what else to suggest. You could say what the version of the CoreRPG and 5e rulesets show in chat when you first open a campaign.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

If it is just me seeing this then it must be user error.

The images above in my previous message include the pop-up windows when I click the magnifying glass. I know the workaround which is to manually change the Stat field to the appropriate stat. See the above images if you did not view them. I will look into deleting the 5e.pak at some point.

I have included the image of the chat window when I load in showing the rulesets and version I used for the above images.

sorc04.jpg

I've had this happen a few times, it just looks like FG doesn't recognize what ability is your spellcaster ability. Click on the magnifying glass on the Spells Level bar and tell it which one to use and it'll be okay.

Attachment 46817

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Dog View Post
    If it is just me seeing this then it must be user error.

The images above in my previous message include the pop-up windows when I click the magnifying glass. I know the workaround which is to manually change the Stat field to the appropriate stat. See the above images if you did not view them. I will look into deleting the 5e.pak at some point.

I have included the image of the chat window when I load in showing the rulesets and version I used for the above images.

sorc04.jpg
    No the data I wanted to see is the Power Group for the spells line - like in my image. As you can see it whould define the ability to use in the first line - in this case Charisma. Changing the ability in this dialog will change the ability being used by every spell in this and any other spell power group. So what does it say for you when you create a new character? If it is continually not working as it should then something is going wrong somewhere with your install. Can you also walk through the steps you are taking to create the character? Are you using the Wizard or Drag and Drop?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I notice this issue as well when I first put in the spell. When I target someone else in the combat tracker then it changes the spell save DC and makes the correct save.

There is a glitch in the Character Wizard that does not apply the spellcasting ability automatically for character built using the wizard. There is a post about this in the Character Wizard thread, so it seems to be a known issue. Spells that are dragged onto the character sheet from the Spells popup are applied correctly.

This problem happens more with custom coding for spells and such. Clicking within the spells properties re-triggers the spell lookup feature within FG and FGU will then set the correct values. This happens with Rob2e's spell coding effects too. Manually setting the power group stat or ability does seem to force the lookup for the DCs. This also happened in classic for non-PHB content... never knew why.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Thread Information