FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

One player can't see map from token with los on

so, we are using FGU, have line of sight on, and I had a harddrive failure; had to reinstall everything got characters recovered, etc, but had to restart mapping out the campaign map where everyone sees what they saw before.

Except one player, with token on map, can't see the map at all, just black space and the grid. Everyone else is just fine. Any idea what's going on and how to fix it?

I just noticed, for some reason there are a few rooms on my map that are revealed to everyone. It shouldnt be that way. What would cause this?

In the meantime, when I moved the blind player to those rooms, he can see, but nowhere else. But as before, everyone else can see where walls arent blocking - but they can see the "revealed" rooms too.

wait, is lighting now activated? This one character is the only one without dark vision.

wait, is lighting now activated? This one character is the only one without dark vision.

I tried adding the torch lighting effect from the light->token light section, no help. I also tried adding the "Light: 20 torch" effect directly on the character, no joy.

Just gave him darkvision 40', that worked. So there is some problem with the light system it seems.

Can you provide an example campaign that shows what you think is not working correctly; along with exact steps to open and see the issue with the player token?

Thanks,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    MOD: moved to HoH-Unity since this is a FGU issue and not a FGC one.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Morfedel View Post

I tried adding the torch lighting effect from the light->token light section, no help. I also tried adding the "Light: 20 torch" effect directly on the character, no joy.
    I found out in my game that most of the time, if you add the lighting effect to a player's token (either as an effect or as a lighting option in the map), you need to right click -> share the map AGAIN for it to show in the player's view. Just like in your case, I had only one player without darkvision or other special visions, and that was the player I had trouble giving light to.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Can you provide an example campaign that shows what you think is not working correctly; along with exact steps to open and see the issue with the player token?

Thanks,
    JPG
    I'm not sure what you are asking, but this was the sunless citadel from the yawning portal. It was weird. Everyone could see the lighting effect from rooms at a distance through walls, even though LOS and FOW was on.

Except the character in question. I had to restart everything; my hard drive went bad, had to reinstall everything, reloaded the map; people had to import their characters from their local copies, but then everyone started at the beginning after I added them to the map again and they retraced their steps as we remembered it from the previous campaign.

but the problem was from the very beginning. As Lo Zeno pointed out, the only problems we had was the one person who didnt have dark vision. Adding light effects, dragging the torch effect on him from the effects menu, nothing worked, except giving him Darkvision 40' to simulate torchlight.

There was a new build pushed this morning with several more fixes; so I'd like to have you check again.

The challenge we have with people just telling us "roughly" what they had open in their campaign and what they were doing is that it's not very specific. The vast majority of the time when we are only provided rough direction; we are unable to even figure out exactly where to look or to recreate the issue. By asking for an copy of the campaign folder where the issue is happening as well as steps to open the right windows; we can more likely recreate the issue you are experiencing.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information