DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Token not positioned properly in hex grid

Hi,
    I know this has come up before but none of the answers suggested that I have seen seem to work for me - or if it did I didn't understand it .
    I have placed an FGU hex grid on a .png map. Tried many grid sizes inc even or multiples of 10 but on one map the tokens always go offcenter - the tokens get better centred the bigger the grid but I can't actually use a 200 size grid on this map
    (Yep, I was careful about cursor placement on drop).
    Most of my cc3 generated maps work just fine. 2 don't.
    I suspect it is something to do with the way I exported the map into a png but I don't really know.
    Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved

Looked more closely and the token position works just fine in the middle of the map but gets out of sync as you move outward.

Blog Entries
    Does the map image have a built in grid? Is that where the drift is coming in? Have you tried hex sizes of an odd number? Like 11, or 21, or such?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Fraid not. It is an FGU grid of 24*24. There is no vertical error but the tokens go ever more off-grid as you go left/right from center map. I have tried different grid sizes to no avail until you get in the 100s which obviously is unusable.

Odd numbered grid sizes make no difference either, sadly

Quote Originally Posted by TamarValleyPete View Post
    Hi,
    I know this has come up before but none of the answers suggested that I have seen seem to work for me - or if it did I didn't understand it .
    I have placed an FGU hex grid on a .png map. Tried many grid sizes inc even or multiples of 10 but on one map the tokens always go offcenter - the tokens get better centred the bigger the grid but I can't actually use a 200 size grid on this map
    (Yep, I was careful about cursor placement on drop).
    Most of my cc3 generated maps work just fine. 2 don't.
    I suspect it is something to do with the way I exported the map into a png but I don't really know.
    Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved
    This is a somewhat known issue, there is another thread regarding this.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Can you provide an example campaign with the image set up in a basic CoreRPG campaign with the generic letter tokens, so we can see what you are talking about?

@Laerun, I haven't heard of any issues like this; so if you are aware of some then please provide as well.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information