DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Thread: FGU crashing

Shot in the dark in case SW hasn't had the bad luck to run into this (I don't know MACs at all, but ran into cert errors on iOS devices and have been trying to figure out how/if a user can safely workaround it). It does impact MACs as well but I don't know if the dots connect to FGU or not - so purely a "in case this helps" post.

https://sslmate.com/blog/post/apples_new_ct_policy

Another nugget - again not sure if it applies to FGU specifically but Apple devices not accepting certs from Let's Encrypt is a known issue (so just in case it's broader and FGU uses a similar type of cert thought I'd share this).

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/134146

We don't use certificates from "Let's Encrypt", and the references you posted are for server side certificates not code signing certificates which is the Rosetta issue.

Regards,
    JPG

Just because you wanted us to report when it happens. I was going to start my traveller game tonight and it happened again. Pulled in a copy that I backed up last night and it works again.

I have no idea why the MacOS keeps killing it; and I'm no Mac expert. We're going to need some help identifying why the MacOS gatekeeper/security or emulation software keeps failing.

Regards,
    JPG

There seem to be a similar issue encountered on an Apple Silicon device with the macOS Ventura beta. The posted gists look like some of the other problems that have been previously posted here.

Since these existing problems and the reported crash on macOS Ventura beta may be related to the same ongoing but sporadic problem, it makes sense to report it with Apple's Feedback app. Anyone can open the Feedback Assistant and submit a report using their own Apple ID about any current or beta version of macOS. Anyone who does so could post their Feedback ID here or in the macOS Ventura beta thread.

I'm not sure if any of the posts involve this problem on an Intel Mac.

On the SmiteWorks end, if the company has a paid developer account — which it appears to, given the Developer ID signature on Fantasy Grounds Unity — then the company could elect to submit a Technical Support Incident for code level support. Each developer account starts with two TSIs per year. This might help get to the bottom of the problem, particularly if it involves code signing and/or Rosetta's Intel translation.

I understand that it may not be the highest priority issue for SmiteWorks. If it affects Apple Silicon devices, though, it stands to reason it's only going to get more common as more of those devices are sold and replace Intel Macs. This probably needs to be weighed against the timeline for an Apple Silicon native of Unity and FGU and the overall number/percentage of Macs used for FGU.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity on macOS Monterey (v12) with an Intel Mac

Again, closing this thread as it's a year old, and I responded in the other thread.

JPG

Thread Information