DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Egheal View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but imo the problem is caused by the double walls of your rooms. You have to draw a single line for a wall, not squares (it is the case for doors and windows but not for walls).
    Hmm… this is using an official map from the Princes of the Apocalypse module.

I can check again but I believe the walls are drawn as lines. And it draws around all the edges because there are thick cavern walls. Not just small 6 inch walls. So it makes sense to draw around them all.

Either way, light shouldn’t be going through a wall, regardless of one line or two. Right?

Perhaps, it is very strange though, the walls don't seems to be thick in the video (my post is for the op not for you, see the yt video).

Very weird! I just restarted FG and tried again, this time locally logging in as a player in a separate window and works as expected.

My guess is something weird happened with his token, so tomorrow I'll try deleting and re-adding him to the map, and maybe that'll fix it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but imo the problem is caused by the double walls of your rooms. You have to draw a single line for a wall, not squares (it is the case for doors and windows but not for walls).Attachment 46879
    I did it with single walls first and when I could see the light I started over with double walls. The door needed redrawing for some reason anyway. It's a bug for sure but I can live with it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but imo the problem is caused by the double walls of your rooms. You have to draw a single line for a wall, not squares (it is the case for doors and windows but not for walls).
    Unless the walls are very thin (where a single line will have to do) you would normally draw LoS on each side of the wall and snap the doors to those lines.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I have had strange problems where some of my players will have some lag, or my computer (Being the DM) has a lot of dropped packets and my players will create different versions of themselves or their token will become disconnected from their character. So they act like tokens on the map, but they are not associated with the player. This will make it so the token doesn't see LOS because it's just a "generic" token to the game engine.

I remove them from the combat map, and place them back on from the combat tracker and it fixes it.

I only know this because my ISP is super fast but every few days it will start dropping packets like crazy (every 2 or 3 packets are dropped), I have a backup internet though that is much slower but is solid.
    My Youtube Channel for Tech and Gaming Tutorials
    Discord Bot for Syrinscape with Kenku Tutorial
    My Website location

double post sorry.

@Zacchaeus : Ho, ok, my bad. I will try that on my maps. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerisun View Post
    I have had strange problems where some of my players will have some lag, or my computer (Being the DM) has a lot of dropped packets and my players will create different versions of themselves or their token will become disconnected from their character. So they act like tokens on the map, but they are not associated with the player. This will make it so the token doesn't see LOS because it's just a "generic" token to the game engine.

I remove them from the combat map, and place them back on from the combat tracker and it fixes it.

I only know this because my ISP is super fast but every few days it will start dropping packets like crazy (every 2 or 3 packets are dropped), I have a backup internet though that is much slower but is solid.
    That’s interesting!! I think I have the SAME problem. I often have to do that as well, and I think is what will fix this issue for my player that was testing earlier.

I also have super fast speeds (FiOS user) but I am not sure if packets are being dropped. Sounds likely though. And I think FG uses UDP, so maybe there’s a bug there when they don’t get certain things from the server.

In Doug Davidson's video on how to make LOS he uses double walls. The double walls setup still might have problems if things don't connect exactly. It's probably a safer method if you are doing LOS by hand for tile sections that you want to stamp and have LOS. Though if you don't put the the wall rectangles inside of the walls at least a few pixels it can look weird because they won't see the wall texture.

Thread Information