DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Cover appears to be giving a penalty and a bonus, but isn't

We noticed this in the last game, right after the latest update. The cover buttons in the modifiers window appear to give an attack a penalty to hit and a bonus to the target's AC, but it isn't. It makes it hard to confirm that all the effects were properly applied when trying to make sure an attack was correct.

coverbug.png

The results are correct, but are confusing. The [COVER -1] is just a way for the roll code to pass through the defensive modifier to the result code. This has been rewritten in Release 18, to be LCOVER, COVER and GCOVER instead of a numerical indicator.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 18th, 2021 at 07:06.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So in the image below Bob here has had a whack at the ruffian three times and in the first instance I clicked Lesser Cover, the second time Standard Cover and the final thwack had the Greater Cover button pushed - all just before the thwack was made.

As you can see the correct result is being given each time with +1, +2 or +4 DEF EFFECTS. So by my reconing this is working correctly. I suspect that the player in your game had some other effects on them or the target did which is causing the COVER -2 effect to apply.

Edit: well Trenloe got in ahead of me - and he'll have a better answer than I will
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Same problem here and asked about it last month without an answer. This confused my players multiple times even after months of playing. Flat-footed already is listed as "FF", so if cover is changed in v18 then my group should be less confused about this.

Thread Information