FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Player Issue Players cannot see map or player sees map no tokens

Some players of mine cannot see a map while other players can. Some can see a map and then after a few minutes or so in-game time the map disappears but the tokens are still there. Some players see the map however all the tokens disappear including theirs. I have exited the game updated had them do the same.
    Shared and closed the map and reshared the map. Some players do not experience this issue.
    Please help.

Welcome to FG and sorry to hear you are having issues.

There are too many moving parts to figure out what is happening from just a description. You will likely need to upload a zipped copy of your campaign file so that the devs can take a look and provide as much detail as possible on the steps needed to recreate the issue.

Make sure that you are testing in a new campaign without extensions first; and make sure also that all of your players are on the same version of FGU as you are.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

How would I go about doing that?

the zip file

My campaign file is 135 mb and the limit is 9 so is there another way to do that or am i missing something?

You will probably have to post the file to a file sharing service (Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, OneDrive, etc.) and share it from there.

Make sure when sharing the file in any of those services to set it to allow anonymous access, otherwise the devs won't be able to get the file.

Have you tested in a new campaign without extensions as well?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Have you tested in a new campaign without extensions as well?
    I have not. However i do not belive that i added any extensions. Would the extensions that are already installed be an issue? And thanks for responding to me Zacchaeus.
    My kids and i enjoy FGU very much

Im wondering if there is some sort of setting i fudged. I also noticed today that a map i added walls to would not let me the gm move the token through a wall as the gm.
    Saying that the players were able to see certain maps and tokens on those maps so we just moved over to those maps.

Ill attempt to share that file again as the other poster suggested. And try a test campaign.
    Is there a list of extensions that are included or are they all added by the user?

Quote Originally Posted by Naserine View Post
    I have not. However i do not belive that i added any extensions. Would the extensions that are already installed be an issue? And thanks for responding to me Zacchaeus.
    My kids and i enjoy FGU very much

Im wondering if there is some sort of setting i fudged. I also noticed today that a map i added walls to would not let me the gm move the token through a wall as the gm.
    See the patch notes:
    GM image token movement behavior changed block token movement based on line-of-sight to mirror player behavior. Use the Shift key to override movement limits, and disable vision/lighting updates.

Moon Wizard has just issued a new patch which might fix your issues - depending on what exactly your issues were. You could try the update. But definitely try a new campaign - there are no extensions loaded by default (eaxtensions are list on the right window in the Load Campaign or start campaign screen and you need to select them). There could be some issues with a particular map or maps in your campaign so testing in a new campaign eliminates a good portion of the potential issues if nothing goes wrong.

Thread Information