Starfinder Playlist

Ambient Lighting Mask

Made a post re-posting in its own thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post600497

DM view with mask hiding ambient light in random boxes:

Attachment 46725
    Player view
    Attachment 46726

Is this still an issue for you with v4.1.1?

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Is this still an issue for you with v4.1.1?

Thanks,
    JPG
    Different user here, but yes, something is still off with ambient lighting masks.

I've narrowed it down to revealed areas that exist wholly inside of a masked area are not saved across reloads. Basically, you can't create a donut of any shape at all.
    This looks like it might be slightly different than above, but also could be related.
    --
    I'm so bassic

I had his problem today. I discovered it was caused by adding the mask first and then the lights. The lights were being added to the mask layer. I deleted the mask layer and lights. This time I added all the lights and the the mask and there were no longer any problems.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

The problem I'm talking about can be done with no other lighting than ambient.

Turn on ambient light.
    Add mask.
    Hide an area.
    Within that area, reveal an area that does not cross the edge of the hidden area.
    Reload campaign.
    Revealed area is no longer present.

You can also do it by joining multiple hidden areas to create a still-revealed area inside them.
    Reload campaign, boom. One big black blob.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Thanks for the specific steps. I was able to recreate, and post a ticket for @cpinder to review.

Regards,
    JPG

Is there any plan to add anything besides boxes for these masks? Trying to mask anything that has any diagonals is a real pain and always looks sloppy around the edges of those diagonals...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermut View Post
    Is there any plan to add anything besides boxes for these masks? Trying to mask anything that has any diagonals is a real pain and always looks sloppy around the edges of those diagonals...
    There already is. Hold ALT while drawing to get a free form line. I also believe their is an item on the wish list to add polygons and regular shapes.

Note, it's usually best to start a new thread unless you are continuing the same topic.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Is there a way to set the lighting levels to absolute zero? I've got humans crawling around in a pitch black crypt and even without a light source, they can still see the map through the fog of war. I want their one and only candle to their only source of light.

Blog Entries
    By default FG will always show the previously revealed parts of the map in a greyed out manner. You can periodically reset this manually by a right click on the token and select Reset LOS (I think that's the command). You can check the Forge as their might be an extension that does this.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information