Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

4.1 Mask Reveal Broken

Hi there - just upgraded to 4.1 and Reveal in Mask no longer seems to be working. There is a blue outline but the area is not visible to me or players. Please advise210514.png

We're seeing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fionavar View Post
    Hi there - just upgraded to 4.1 and Reveal in Mask no longer seems to be working. There is a blue outline but the area is not visible to me or players. Please advise210514.png
    Facing the same issue. Been trying to figure it out for a while now. Help!

Disregard - there is a new setting - at least to me - that if you do not have walls have to enable line of sight settings. Had to dig for it, but it's there.

Can you explain this. What setting did you find and how did it fix the masking?

I added ambient light to a map, then used the mask to hide the interior of the building - however, it doesn't work - the players can see ambient light inside, including the shadows Moonlight casts.

ambientmask.png

I had the same problem. I am not using walls. Under the Play tab of the map there are Actions. One of these is Enable / Disable Line-of-sight. Click to make sure it is black not greyed out. The Reveal Area should then work as before.

I see this as well. Mask reveal does not work if Line-of-sight and Lighting are both disabled for the image. On the mask panel, revealing now leaves behind a blue square around the revealed area after selecting an area to reveal.

After marking an area to reveal, enabling Line-of-sight or Lighting will make the masked area reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by MMSoloman View Post
    Can you explain this. What setting did you find and how did it fix the masking?
    Hope this helps.

Before: 210515.01a.png
    After: 210515.01b.png

I think the recent patch (4.1.1.) has fixed this.

Thread Information