5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

UnityCrashHandler64 won't work on Windows 10?

I've just installed FGU today, but the Updater won't run and the CrashHandler won't run. The message I get is "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC check with the software publisher."

any ideas what is up with this?

What kind of device is this?

Can you go to the Start Menu and type winver and post the results?

Are you trying to run on Windows 10 RT? (which unfortunately is not supported)

FGU will only run on Windows 10 with x64-compatible processors.

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Are you trying to run on Windows 10 RT? (which unfortunately is not supported)

FGU will only run on Windows 10 with x64-compatible processors.

Thanks,
    JPG
    I’m running Windows 10 Home.
    It’s on a Lenovo Yoga laptop (if that is at all relative)

If it's Windows 10 Home, then it should work. The only other thing I can think of is if the software was quarantined by security software, which would make it so the program can't run. There are multiple components to the installation, so it might be the updater vs. the main app that was blocked.

Regards,
    JPG

Looking up the error, it could indicate a few possibilities.
    This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC check with the software publisher.

One possibility is the download is damaged in some way. Try to re-download the file and try again (delete the file you do have already before downloading again).

Another possibility is that you are running a 32-bit version of Windows. Fantasy Grounds Unity is a 64-bit application, so if you are indeed using a 32-bit OS, it would not work. It's not something I would expect for a fairly new device, but it is a possibility.

There is a way to find out.

If you go to Start>Settings>System>About, it will display information about your Operating System.

Highlighted is the line that will show if it is 32-bit or 64-bit, it will also show the Windows version info. There are also some copy buttons so you can copy the info to post here if you don't want to post a screen shot.

Thread Information