Starfinder Playlist

Can't drag tokens anywhere with LOS on like I could before

Just updated to the latest with all the cool lighting effects. Started playing with it, and previously as a DM I could basically move tokens where ever I wanted in "Play Mode" and the players were limited in where they could with LoS enabled...essentially when the DM moved tokens, LoS was ignored. That no longer seems to be the case and I can't move tokens via dragging or keyboard control where ever I want, but only seem to be able to move them within LoS constraints (basically DM control of the tokens is now like players). I can disable LOS and then move the tokens where ever I want on the maps without worrying about whether a door is open or there's a wall in the way like before, but doesn't that reveal the whole map to the players? (I dunno, I haven't checked, but I think that's how it works). Seems like a bug, DM's should be able to move tokens where ever they like. I haven't found an option to free the tokens from constraints other than to completely disable LoS.

Read the patch notes

Hold SHIFT whilst dragging to move through walls.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    This is a change in design. You can hold Shift while dragging to ignore LOS as the GM. Otherwise, tokens will react the same for the GM as it does for the players.

Ah cool. That works! (should've RTFRN).

Thanks
    Last edited by drempel; June 12th, 2021 at 17:13.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    This is a change in design. You can hold Shift while dragging to ignore LOS as the GM. Otherwise, tokens will react the same for the GM as it does for the players.
    Hiya

Haven't been on for a time now, due to personal reasons. Seems, like a lot has changed with maps and I must confess, I am a bit lost (lost with maps ... that's an oxyimoron, if I ever heard one).

I am having the same movement issues and what makes it more irking is, that there seem to be walls, where there are no walls. I cannot move the token into places without pressing SHIFT, even though there are no walls there.
    I created these LOS maps before, when it was a bit easier (less funktional ofc). So do I have to create them again?

TIA for any advice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordNanoc View Post
    Hiya

Haven't been on for a time now, due to personal reasons. Seems, like a lot has changed with maps and I must confess, I am a bit lost (lost with maps ... that's an oxyimoron, if I ever heard one).

I am having the same movement issues and what makes it more irking is, that there seem to be walls, where there are no walls. I cannot move the token into places without pressing SHIFT, even though there are no walls there.
    I created these LOS maps before, when it was a bit easier (less funktional ofc). So do I have to create them again?

TIA for any advice.
    Screenshots, especially with the map edit window open and with the LOS controls visible would help us help you. Also details such as ruleset, extensions and maps you are seeing this with.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It should be noted that you the mask also stops token movement even if there are no walls. So you would need to use shift drag to move tokens across masked off areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    It should be noted that you the mask also stops token movement even if there are no walls. So you would need to use shift drag to move tokens across masked off areas.
    Ah! Thanks alot, mate!

Thread Information