5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Wild Magic Auto Roll (DnD 5E)

Hello. After a while playing as a wild magic sorcerer, I got annoyed of how forgetful I am about my wild magic rolls (it has already affected the plot of my campaign), so I decided to write an extention to fix this problem.

EDIT: This plugin is in maintenance mode and will likely not be updated. I highly recommend taking a look at a mod that does the same but better: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...urge-Extension

This extension is for D&D 5E

How it works
    This extension will automatically roll Wild Magic for you when you cast a spell of level 1+ (either cast attack of an effect). For it to be active, you need to have a feature called "Wild Magic Surge" (in the Abilities tab).

How to configure it
    If you want, you can set the odds of the wild magic roll happening. You can do this by opening the extention file like you would a normal zip file, then edit file named "config.lua" and edit the odds by setting the number according to your wishes (Percentage between 0 and 100). Then reload fantasy grounds.

Bear in mind that this is my first extension, and I may have made some mistakes in the code, so feel free to make pull requests with improvements. The repository can be found at https://bitbucket.org/JamMaster/wild...ic/src/master/.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jammaster; January 28th, 2023 at 11:54.

I'm going to assume this is for 5e?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes, apologies, I assume i should have included in the title?

Well somewhere
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

MOD: Updated title with ruleset to be used
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Note that WMS is often misinterpreted that you roll this on every spell cast.

The rule says the DM "can" have the player roll to see if the surge happens, and then if it does, roll on the WMS table. Not "must".

Suggest adding an option to allow the DM to configure how often he wants WMS rolled, maybe as a percentage chance.

It's amazing how often 5% happens if you roll every time :P

Oh wow you are correct! We have a house rule that I should roll it every time so I completely forgot about this. Either way, I added a way to configure the odds of rolling. If you instead want the DM himself to decide when to roll, then the extension is inherently useless.

Also, I wanted the odds to be rolled by the DM, but even after a couple times of testing, the waiting got really old (you have to wait for a d20 roll by the DM, and then roll wild magic, feels like an eternity). The odds are done using math.random, and you can see your result in the debug console if you are interested.

Blog Entries
    You might want to add something like:

math.randomseed( os.time());

before you do your math.random otherwise the seed is always the same...

Its literally on the second line of the campaign/scripts/button_power_action_override.lua . Although it runs every time an action button is added to the windows as opposed to just once. If you know a better, do tell

Thread Information