FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I do note that only using the "cast" button activates WMS and the ATK/SAVE buttons do not nor does any "effect" button. Maybe this is working as intended but it would exclude spells like magic missile?
    Thats kind of intended. WMS should be triggered when the character casts a spell, not when saving or attacking. Since WMS is a sorcerer feature and their effects are almost exclusively caused by spells, the effect buttons should also trigger it. If not, then they have been probably written incorrectly. You can try to tests this with the slow spell NOT from the Kittystuff plugin. To confirm that there is an issue with the effect, you can take a look in the console (/console in chat) and there should be a message saying that the button has no spell level and thus does not trigger a WMS.

When it comes to stuff like Magic missile, its one of the exceptions and i would need to look into it more. If there arent too many of those maybe Ill hardcode them in a table of exceptions or something similar.

Sorry for the late answer, Ive been very busy recently

Quote Originally Posted by jammaster View Post
    Thats kind of intended. WMS should be triggered when the character casts a spell, not when saving or attacking. Since WMS is a sorcerer feature and their effects are almost exclusively caused by spells, the effect buttons should also trigger it. If not, then they have been probably written incorrectly. You can try to tests this with the slow spell NOT from the Kittystuff plugin. To confirm that there is an issue with the effect, you can take a look in the console (/console in chat) and there should be a message saying that the button has no spell level and thus does not trigger a WMS.

When it comes to stuff like Magic missile, its one of the exceptions and i would need to look into it more. If there arent too many of those maybe Ill hardcode them in a table of exceptions or something similar.

No worries. I will review and test then report back. Thanks!

I do note that only using the "cast" button activates WMS and the ATK/SAVE buttons do not nor does any "effect" button. Maybe this is working as intended but it would exclude spells like magic missile?
    Why would you want it any other way? Because if it applied with every save roll, spell attack roll, effects etc, it would roll the WMS many times for 1 spell.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Why would you want it any other way? Because if it applied with every save roll, spell attack roll, effects etc, it would roll the WMS many times for 1 spell.
    Because some spells don't require a "cast" like magic missile or spells we code ourselves and as a result don't trigger WMS. Also, you said "roll" I did not. I am referring to using the mini buttons.

Because some spells don't require a "cast" like magic missile or spells we code ourselves and as a result don't trigger WMS. Also, you said "roll" I did not. I am referring to using the mini buttons.
    I get what you saying now. I thought you were saying "cast" as in the clickie to the left of the spells.

This ext only works on effects and cast. Whereas I personally think it shouldn't only work on the left clickie cast or have options the other way.

I use this ext rarely as only a couple people ever use Wild Magic Sorcs. I load it up when it does, I don't mind that it shows extra wild magic rolls because I just ignore them and I know the rules. I like the reminder. I also use the older version which rolls on damage, effects and casts (not the clickie to the left either).

Quote Originally Posted by jammaster View Post

Looks to be working as you said. The thing that through me off was that using the effect button does not throw a die for WMS (like it does with cast). It just auto rolls it and outputs it to chat.

Thanks!

Hey, I made an extension that does something very similar, but it rolls a wild magic surge check when the 'cast spell' button is clicked instead of the 'CAST/SAVE' button. This means spells like magic missile can work too.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...urge-Extension

It also is fully customizable in-game, just by editing the text in the feature on your character sheet. You can change the table it rolls on, the dice that are rolled for the check, and what result triggers a wild magic surge.

Thread Information