DICE PACKS BUNDLE

4.1 darkvision, truesight, and darkness light and vision. Wrong interaction. PFRPG

Latest fantasy grounds unity live version. No extensions. windows 10. Pathfinder ruleset.

I have a token with the effect; LIGHT: 20 Darkness
    I have a character with the effects;
    VISION: 10 truesight
    VISION: 120 darkvision

When outside of the darkness range I can not see inside darkness effect, this works fine.
    When inside the darkness effect I can see everything, this is not as it should be. I should only be able to see 10 feet then.

If i have a token without truesight and only darkvision I can not see inside darkness effect from the outside.
    I can not see anything inside the darkness effect (as it should be)

I do not know if this is a bug, or just an unintended consequense.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for reporting. As noted in the release notes, darkness lights (and the ability for special vision types to pierce darkness lights) is an experimental feature.

I'm not sure if it's something we can address easily, but I have filed a ticket to look at once other priorities have been cleared out.

Regards,
    JPG

If the Darkness Light is intended to mirror the spell effect of Darkness then isn't this working as intended? Darkvision should be able to see inside Darkness in PF1/2

Darkvision should not ignore magical darkness (and thus darkness lights), which it does not currently by design. However, the original poster's example also had Truesight 10, which does ignore darkness lights; so there is an interaction scenario there to potentially investigate.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Darkvision should not ignore magical darkness (and thus darkness lights), which it does not currently by design. However, the original poster's example also had Truesight 10, which does ignore darkness lights; so there is an interaction scenario there to potentially investigate.

Regards,
    JPG
    Note that in Pathfinder, the Darkness spell is not creating some impenetrable magical inky darkness, it's lowering the existing light level in an area. Being inside Darkness and having Darkvision effectively allows you to see inside the darkness just as though you were in a dark area with no lights.

Fair enough; but not something we're going to look at for the moment. As mentioned in the release notes; darkness is considered experimental at this time.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information