DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Visibility of tokens at edge of vision

This might be related to Weisrolf's issue here. Right around the cusp of 50-60', token visibility seems finicky. It seems like I need to reach the center of the token to have it become visible; maybe this is by design?

step1.jpg
    step2.jpg
    step3.jpg

Campaign attached for reference.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Try 60.7 ft dim range instead of 60.

I'm depending on the token's "Darkvision 60" built-in vision, but I tried adding a VISION effect with 60.7 with no improvement. In fact, I don't see any change in token visibility until I bring it all the way up to 65.

capture.jpg

Try increments of .1, your map/system may calculate just slightly different to my test (with lantern, though). You are trying to find a range that makes the tokens visible at 60 ft. without making them visible at 65 ft.

Overall would make sense to use the target token's edges instead of the singular dead center, similar to how LoS already works (and even there I am not convinced about starting from dead center).

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Try increments of .1, your map/system may calculate just slightly different to my test (with lantern, though). You are trying to find a range that makes the tokens visible at 60 ft. without making them visible at 65 ft.

Overall would make sense to use the target token's edges instead of the singular dead center, similar to how LoS already works (and even there I am not convinced about starting from dead center).
    I tried increments of 1, so no change at 64 either. I also tried 64.9 with no change.

Here is a closer look. The tokens are not visible until my 60' darkvision "hard ring" hits the center of the token.

step1.jpg
    step2.jpg

I believe distance is measured from token centre to token centre.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I believe distance is measured from token centre to token centre.
    I would agree that this is how the lighting and visibility distance is measured, but it doesn't line up with arrow/pointer distance.

Thread Information