STAR TREK 2d20

BUG in 4.1 adding PC/NPC to combat tracker.

Every PC/NPC added to the combat tracker is placed in a group with an unclickable blank NPC.

My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

I'm getting this too, doesn't matter if it an NPC, PC, or an Enounter added to the CT, each new combatant gets made into a group and one blank combatant added. Groups from Encounters added only gain 1 addition blank combatant.

I just fired up my campaign to drop lights on the players in the combat tracker and was getting errors. I removed them and re-added them, then I got this as well.

On top of that, when I try to click on "lantern" in the effects window, I'm getting this error. I removed all extensions except for the Sci-fi companion.

FG Lantern error.png

I'm getting swamped with errors when I try to use the light effects. By "swamped", I mean the error windows slides out with this message:
    Script execution error: [string “utility/scripts/effect_preset.lua”]:22: attempt to call field ‘getRoll’

When I click the close button, the error windows stays there and adds another error line (the above message). It will do this for a few clicks before the error window collapses. Then immediately slides out again and repeats the error line for a few more clicks. Then the error window goes away. Sometimes it makes a third appearance for additional clicks.

I attached a log file. FGU, SWADE, no extensions or themes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I realized I posted this to the wrong thread. Sorry!

But I'm seeing this same issue with characters getting a ghost NPC. I'm going to tell my players it's a new feature of FGU 4.1. One free pet for every character that joins Combat Tracker.

The blank NPC also isn't getting deleted when the "parent" is gone, causing a lot of mess. I hope this is sorted soon
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

We are currently looking into this issue. Thank you for the report.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Just pushed SW update that should address the duplicate entry on NPC add issue.

The light effects support will require support from @Ikael; because he has rewritten the entire effects handling in SW compared to all the other rulesets. It's not something I can fix at this point.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you for the quick hot fix - the CT Issue is fixed, as far as I can see. No ghost entries when adding a pc/npc any longer.

I also found a workaround for handling the lightning effects and added a few custom effects like mentioned in the wiki. The custom effects are (without the squared brackets):

LIGHT: 1/2 candle
    LIGHT: 3/9 lamp
    LIGHT: 4/8 torch
    LIGHT: 6/12 lantern

The first digit is the bright range and the second the dim range taken from the image light source presets.
    It definitely works if the grid is activated on a map and the distance multiplier is set to 1.

It´s also possible to use the color codes for special light effects like LIGHT: 1/2 candle FFFF0000 (for a red light source). If no extra color code is used, also the preset special fx (flickering) is used for candle, torch etc.

edit: This workaround cannot be used for Token Vision like Dark- or Nightvision. It´s just useful for Token Light. The custom effect word VISION seems not to be supported by SW at the moment.
    Last edited by TomtheBu; May 16th, 2021 at 00:45.

The ghost entries are gone for me too, as of today's update. Thanks!

Thread Information