DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Concentration check /Defensive casting concentration check

Hi everyone,

a player in my group is playing a magus. As a magus, he often uses concentration checks for defensive casting in melee combat. Is there a way to implement that concentration check (or especially a check as a kind of save roll against the needed dc of the concentration check?) as an action?

you'd want to use an extension... read #2 of first post in this thread.

good luck and game on!

edit: misread, update: correct what @trenloe said below; this extension recommendation is for e.g. a feat that would increase concentration check bonus.
    Last edited by tahl_liadon; May 13th, 2021 at 18:30.
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Concentration checks are rolled from the spell class on the actions tab. Click the "CC" dice button in the spell class header. This won't roll against a target DC though, but it's a quick an easy way of doing a concentration check.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 13th, 2021 at 16:25.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post

you'd want to use an extension... read #2 of first post in this thread.

good luck and game on!

edit: misread, update: correct what @trenloe said below; this extension recommendation is for e.g. a feat that would increase concentration check bonus.
    I believe if you use Full Overlay Extension the modifyer in effect is "COC"

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

As @Trenloe noted, this is available on the PC Actions tab without any extensions.

Regards,
    JPG

yup, this is native to the ruleset code; my extension just adds an effect for modifying concentration checks in PF1 (in 3.5e use the SKILL effect). But the roll itself is native to the ruleset

I may be working on a button for the modifier window that would accomplish this. But I haven't yet delved into that. I'm thinking that it would require the cast action on the spell, such that when the cast is rolled it would roll a concentration check based on the spell level and tell you if it failed or succeeded. As rolling the cast button currently doesn't "use" the spell, neither would the modified cast button.

I have gotten the modifier button to appear, however the headers for the various sections of the buttons (Attack, Damage, and new Spell) have gone to straight white. I replicated the exact modifier windows xml and added in a new header and a new button (this way it should still have space for the Combat Modifiers extension). I'm still working out how I want it to work on casting considering a few of the other extensions that are out there (Kel's Full Overlay).

Thanks for all the help! What Trenloe wrote was already all the help I needed :-)

Thread Information