DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Seems like Fast Tests, SW Maker are the 3 extensions we both use. I just tested this connecting to my own table and no error, but I think it only happens with other players connecting to GM, got to test that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Seems like Fast Tests, SW Maker are the 3 extensions we both use. I just tested this connecting to my own table and no error, but I think it only happens with other players connecting to GM, got to test that out.
    I have only encountered the error with players attached. Its not those extensions as I have had this happen without them loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by amerigoV View Post
    I have only encountered the error with players attached. Its not those extensions as I have had this happen without them loaded.
    Same for me. Only with other players connected. I was showing the extensions used because those are the ones Doswelk and I both have in common. At least we now know its not an extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Same for me. Only with other players connected. I was showing the extensions used because those are the ones Doswelk and I both have in common. At least we now know its not an extension.
    So you are saying we can blame Doswelk?

Quote Originally Posted by amerigoV View Post
    So you are saying we can blame Doswelk?
    Never!!

Ok, I can not get this to happen with my test campaign, or with smokebadger's campaign he shared.

Can someone walk me through the exact steps to recreate this issue in a brand new SW campaign? (Or with smokebadger's campaign?)

Here's the steps I followed:
    * On GM client, loaded campaign
    * On player client, connected to campaign
    * On player client, took control of PC (Gillard in smokebadger campaign)
    * On GM client, I added bennies by dragging and dropping from bottom pile onto character portrait in upper left
    * On player client, I dragged bennies from PC sheet to chat window.

I also tried playing around with various combinations of spending bennies to soak damage, etc.; but I wasn't able to recreate issue. I admin that I have almost no idea what I am doing with the Savage Worlds ruleset, so please help walk me through exact steps to recreate. I am not the main developer for the ruleset, just trying to help pinpoint the issue.

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Ok, I can not get this to happen with my test campaign, or with smokebadger's campaign he shared.

Can someone walk me through the exact steps to recreate this issue in a brand new SW campaign? (Or with smokebadger's campaign?)

Here's the steps I followed:
    * On GM client, loaded campaign
    * On player client, connected to campaign
    * On player client, took control of PC (Gillard in smokebadger campaign)
    * On GM client, I added bennies by dragging and dropping from bottom pile onto character portrait in upper left
    * On player client, I dragged bennies from PC sheet to chat window.

I also tried playing around with various combinations of spending bennies to soak damage, etc.; but I wasn't able to recreate issue. I admin that I have almost no idea what I am doing with the Savage Worlds ruleset, so please help walk me through exact steps to recreate. I am not the main developer for the ruleset, just trying to help pinpoint the issue.

Thanks,
    JPG
    I wonder if its due to the Reset Bennies on the Party Sheet. I can play around with it tonight. You might try that (replace the 4th step by going into the Party Sheet and hitting the Reset Bennie).

[QUOTE=Moon Wizard;600594]Ok, I can not get this to happen with my test campaign, or with smokebadger's campaign he shared.

The players connected , then when they wanted to reroll dragged a benny to the skill on their character sheet , then the error would appear on my screen.
    We dont drag bennies into the chat window usually

@smokebadger,

Here's the exact steps I followed:

* Added a copy of the "SW Lankhmar" campaign to my FG data folder under campaigns.
    * Started FGU, and opened that campaign.
    * Started a second instance of FGU, and connected to the first one.
    * On player client, closed Setup window.
    * On player client, activated Gillard in the Character Selection window
    * On GM client, dragged two bennies from bottom of tabletop screen onto Gillard portrait.
    * On player client, I double-clicked to roll a Notice check.
    * On player client, I dragged benny from top of Gillard character sheet onto Notice skill to trigger a re-roll

Unfortunately, I did not get any errors during those steps. Am I missing any steps?

Also, in your FG data folder (via the button in upper left of launch screen), can you try renaming your modules/rulesets/extensions/vault folders to something else; then run a new Check For Updates to download everything fresh?

Thanks,
    JPG

I dont think you missed anything MW

Thread Information