DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Error log playing savage worlds this evening

Im not sure who I can send it to but every time my players where using a benny we where getting lua errors

5/12/2021 10:15:41 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "desktop/scripts/widgetfactory_benny.lua"]:48: attempt to index local 'control' (a userdata value)
    5/12/2021 9:49:05 PM] Campaign saved.
    [5/12/2021 9:51:06 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "desktop/scripts/widgetfactory_benny.lua"]:48: attempt to index local 'control' (a userdata value)
    [5/12/2021 9:51:41 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "desktop/scripts/widgetfactory_benny.lua"]:48: attempt to index local 'control' (a userdata value)
    [5/12/2021 9:51:41 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "desktop/scripts/widgetfactory_benny.lua"]:48: attempt to index local 'control' (a userdata value)
    [5/12/2021 9:53:37 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "desktop/scripts/widgetfactory_benny.lua"]:48: attempt to index local 'control' (a userdata value)
    [5/12/2021 9:54:05 PM] Campaign saved.
    [5/12/2021 9:55:54 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "desktop/scripts/widgetfactory_benny.lua"]:48: attempt to index local 'control' (a userdata value)
    [5/12/2021 9:59:05 PM] Campaign saved.
    [5/12/2021 10:02:34 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "desktop/scripts/widgetfactory_benny.lua"]:48: attempt to index local 'control' (a userdata value)
    [5/12/2021 10:04:05 PM] Campaign saved.
    Last edited by smokebadger; May 12th, 2021 at 23:04.

We'll need a copy of the campaign where that is occurring, so we can see all the extensions and modules being used. As far as I know, all the instances of that issue were previously corrected.

Are you sure that you don't have any unpacked versions of the Savage Worlds rulesets or extensions in your FG data folder?
    To make extra sure, rename the modules, rulesets and extensions folders in the FG data folder; and run a new Check For Updates to make sure you have the latest.

Regards,
    JPG

I only had swade , all the lankhmar modules available on steam and the module I made for the scenario containging maps np
    cs etc , nothing that should touch bennies
    Last edited by smokebadger; May 12th, 2021 at 23:49.

Ok what data do you need and where can I send it

Can you just post a zipped up copy of the campaign folder? If too big to attach, just post to DropBox or Google Drive, and provide the link.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Can you just post a zipped up copy of the campaign folder? If too big to attach, just post to DropBox or Google Drive, and provide the link.

Regards,
    JPG
    I will do as soon as I finish work today

I still had that bennie issue last night as well. Its inconsistent if I get it. It only happens with players attached, but I have not nailed down the whys and whens. When it does happen, it happens for every player when they drag/drop a bennie on a die to reroll. It triggers when a Joker is dealt in initiative (all players or NPCs get a bennie automatically). It tends to start when I reset bennies for the session. If I get that error, then I know its going to happen all session. I have had it across a couple of campaigns and different players. I am glad to post a campaign as well if that helps.

I looked at the ruleset folder and I have no extra files/folders and the Savage Worlds ruleset has a 4/27/2021 date on it.

I get this Bennie error all the time as GM and so does Doswelk on his Sprawlrunners SWADE game and others. When I get home I'll send more information and logs.

If you guys can help me figure out what combination of ruleset/extensions plus steps to recreate; then either Aki or I can take a look at fixing.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information