5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Is it possible to copy bought modules to another rule system in unity

Is it possible in unity to take a maodule you have bought for another system and copy the dungeon apart from monsters to another game system? Basicly have the maps, plots, story, ect all done and just re populate encounters.
    Thanks

You can open the whole module in a campaign for another ruleset using the Universal Modules extension. Find it here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...dule-Extension This will give you access to everything from the module you activate, if you try to use data that isn't generic (e.g. NPCs, spells, etc.) you may get errors. But generic data should be fine - primarily images, story and reference manual.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Awesome, wonderful and thank you

Wonderful Extension that I use all the time. This is an observation that I hope is helpful and should not diminish how much I appreciate this free extension. Since installing FGU version 4.1.1 (2021-05-15) maps from a Pathfinder 1 module that I use in the 5e ruleset (I conversted the encounters to 5e), have a graphics loading error displayed in the log on load, and while images from the module show up fine, the maps do not, and I get an X notification on each map I try to call up. I really hope the author of this extension is able to post an update. I would be happy to help with testing if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by jakemtl View Post
    Wonderful Extension that I use all the time. This is an observation that I hope is helpful and should not diminish how much I appreciate this free extension. Since installing FGU version 4.1.1 (2021-05-15) maps from a Pathfinder 1 module that I use in the 5e ruleset (I conversted the encounters to 5e), have a graphics loading error displayed in the log on load, and while images from the module show up fine, the maps do not, and I get an X notification on each map I try to call up. I really hope the author of this extension is able to post an update. I would be happy to help with testing if needed.
    It'd be great if you post your findings on the thread for the extension - the author may not see this thread.

OK, good idea - I think I will do some more testing first to make my observations more useful and hopefully actionable with out too much fuss on the author's side.

Blog Entries
    There is a report of a specific PF1 module having problems with images. It might be specific maps or from a specific module error and not all image, modules etc. When/if you check and report back more details, would be good to include such info.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you, this is a useful suggestion. I use the UM add in regularly and will test it further for certain. Thank you for your helpful input!

It looks like you are absolutely correct. The same AP, Carrion Crown AP 1 seems to have the same issue opening in its original PF1 ruleset. Therefore the issue appears to lie outside of any issue with Universal Module. In further testing I found that opening the Ruins of Azlant, a later PF1 AP, did not display any errors opening it in the 5e ruleset and I was able to open maps without any issues for that AP. RoA also opened without any errors in the PF1 ruleset.

Thread Information