STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Help for others

Help for others

Hi All,
    I hope that this can be "Stickied" so as to appear near the top of the threads going forward...

What I'm hoping we can do with this thread, is give a list of people who are willing to help newbies to Fantasy Grounds and/or GURPS - find people who are willing to mentor a little here or there, in a way as to help people organize things, learn new tricks and tips - and possibly make life a little easier for those who are trying to understand how to use something or how to simply GM in a way that makes their lives a whole lot easier.

I myself am NOT an expert, but I've had a few GURPS games under my belt for one on one with a friend of mine who can't drive his vehicle these days, and I'm more than happy to offer assistance even if I don't know specific answers per se. However, I don't directly haunt the forums as much as I maybe should or could, but hey - you can always email me at my normal email address. You know the way they should look, so make sure you email hal at the roadrunner and com email address. You won't need a circle of protection if you invoke my name.

What am I willing to help with? Just ask, and find out. Need to learn how to create MOD files so that you can set up something for GURPS ULTRATECH and make it useful such that if you start up a campaign, you can add the ULTRATECH MOD files to any campaign you set up going forward - I'll teach you. If you want to learn how to modify GURPS CHARACTER ASSISTANT so you can modify "Prices" for equipment - I'll show you how (Currently, I'm working at creating an Old West GDF file that has historical costs for goods - largely from Aces and Eights from KenzerCo, along with prices from Montgomery Ward Catalog from 1895 and 1875. If you wanted to create a HARN WORLD GDF for use with GURPS, I can show you how that would work.

In short? I'm happy to offer advice or help as necessary.

I already played a little GURPS, but I confess that my experience in the 4th Edition is only theoretical, but I am willing to try to help and as for Fantasy Grounds I believe I have a good knowledge, but always learning more and always in favor of automation total in everything that is system!

I often thought of making videos on YouTube or even lives showing how to operate Fantasy Grounds, how to adjust the layout in the best possible way (in my design).
    Show how to produce adventures in Fantasy Grounds using GURPS, but whenever I try to do something, a fear consumes me, ideas disappear and what comes up never seems good enough, not to mention that here in Brazil GURPS is badly spoken, it is a system judged as complicated and there is also a language barrier, my texts posted on the forums are translations made by Google Translate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HalC View Post
    In short? I'm happy to offer advice or help as necessary.
    I think you are already a member there but you my also want to hop on the Fantasy Grounds College Discord channel. You could offer to do some classes and round up interested parties to walk them through stuff on there.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

I'm running a weekly GURPs game. Not that I think my game is exemplary, but happy to show someone who is interested.

Thread Information