STAR TREK 2d20

Showing images to players

I just got into Fantasy Ground last week after using Roll20 for years and, although I prefer FG overall, I'm having problems with the way showing images to the players is handled.

Is there a way to make images automaically pop on the players view when I (GM) open them? I find it quite weird for a tool as advanced as FG that you have to orally ask the players to search and manually open the image every time you want to open a map or show a portrait (which happens very often for me).

You can right click on the image. From there you can share the image with your players. This is the same for almost any thing. Such as story entries, images, maps, etc.

You can't share an image if it's in background mode, already fell in that trap several times.

Otherwise everyhting Garmorn said is correct.
    Players can also pin all images in the quick launch bar at the bottom once shared or collect all of them in a public note...

Quote Originally Posted by Patol View Post
    I just got into Fantasy Ground last week after using Roll20 for years and, although I prefer FG overall, I'm having problems with the way showing images to the players is handled.

Is there a way to make images automaically pop on the players view when I (GM) open them? I find it quite weird for a tool as advanced as FG that you have to orally ask the players to search and manually open the image every time you want to open a map or show a portrait (which happens very often for me).
    Right click the image once you open it and click the Share icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    You can't share an image if it's in background mode, already fell in that trap several times.
    Wow thanks that was the problem, it doesn't work if the image is in fullscreen mode. I was doing it wrong this whole time...

But why doesn't it appear in the players view when you share an image that's in background mode?

There isn't a share option when the image is in background mode.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

So you could pop it out of background, share it and return it to background mode.

Thread Information