STAR TREK 2d20

Need to add 'rais' shield' for various bestiary entires > Hobgoblin

Greetings folks,

I am creating some encounters and noticed on the CT the Hobgoblin does NOT have automation on raising his shield.

I am happy to do this in my game I just need to figure out how to add it to the sheet.

I can simply just change the AC to 20 (from 18) in the CT but it would be nice if there was automation that i just checked like the PC sheet and was removed at the start of the Hobs next turn.

Is this possible and if so can anyone be kind enough on showing me how to write it on the Hobs sheet?
    Ultimate License holder Unity & Classic.
    Currently GM'ing Homebrew Pathfinder 2.

Slight update. I found the ability as a spell effect using Shade Ravens drag n drop but i was hoping to have this done as automation within the sheet.

Will this be a 'feature' upcoming in 18"

You can add it to the spell tab of the NPC as shield; AC: 2 circumstance with a duration of 1 round.

I made a module for all kinds of common effects that I can drag and drop to new creatures and characters as needed.

Ricky, thanks for the update. After I posted this i realized that Shades Drag n Drop has this as a spell effect with the duration set to 1.

I was just hoping for a faster clicky type solution within the combat tracker. We 'used' to have 'raise shield' and I think it went away.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyhunt View Post
    You can add it to the spell tab of the NPC as shield; AC: 2 circumstance with a duration of 1 round.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyhunt View Post

I made a module for all kinds of common effects that I can drag and drop to new creatures and characters as needed.

Any chance of sharing the module?
    Or telling us what effects you put in it?
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

You can find ShadeRaven's modules here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...munity-modules
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Very slow response, but if you want something more easily accessible than a spell, you can also do this with ability automation.
    shield.PNG
    This way you can have that raise shield readily available in the combat tracker as well.

Interestingly enough, I did try to include Shield Block as part of the automation process but as Raise a Shield wasn't included in the stat blocks for creatures, it didn't occur to me as I was creating the Bestiaries that adding that particular function to the creatures would be beneficial. Obviously, it is (or at least, I thought so when I was creating the OGL/SRD version). It certainly might be worth me revisiting that for creatures that have shields in the 3 Bestiaries and the automation for that action is certainly simple.

PS: It would also be a simple function to create the string rickyhunt shared in the [Effects] tab for quick drag-and-drop use on any creature you want to give a Raise a Shield effect to. Can even assign it to a hot-key for quick application. myyra's automation example is spot on to what I would essentially add to the files.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Thread Information