DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

The dog has eaten my homework

Spent the last week or so producing my new campaign. I started a new campaign called "castaways in the dark" and every hour or so exported it as a module called "SW into the dark".
    I imported jpg's to my campaign/images folder and also the same images to my data/images folder. They did not show up as images. If I tried to import them it told me that they were already in the folder. Finally got to see the images but now have forgotten how I did it.
    Today I was making encounters and finishing the story and exported, as usual, reopened to test the module. There are no images in the image button only the markers for the encounters and some tokens I had placed. There are no images in either image folder.
    I have a campaign to run tomorrow and all my images have gone. Any ideas???

Your images need to be in your campaign list (accessed from the images button on the right hand side). See the first video here for how to achieve that https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity

Once you have them in your campaign list they'll export from there if you tick the images option when you export (or select all).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Did that have been exporting to a module for two weeks. reinstalled maps and relinked all encounters etc. so that is not a problem. but the images disappeared from my campaign as well as from the module and I don't want this to happen again. any ideas as to what went wrong?? it has never happened before and I can think of no reason to lose both campaign data and module data.

Quote Originally Posted by Dionigi View Post
    Did that have been exporting to a module for two weeks. reinstalled maps and relinked all encounters etc. so that is not a problem. but the images disappeared from my campaign as well as from the module and I don't want this to happen again. any ideas as to what went wrong?? it has never happened before and I can think of no reason to lose both campaign data and module data.
    Is it possible that images and maps is not selected in the export process? Has happened to me a couple of times.

I'm unclear if you are saying that images have disappeared from a folder or from the campaign data list. If the former then the only way for that to happen is if they were deleted. If the latter then it is possible that your campaign db.xml has become corrupted. Can you post a screenshot of the contents of the folder of the campaign that you used to create everything.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; May 8th, 2021 at 17:36.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Also, images/maps in other modules can not be included in exports; only images which are local to the campaign can be included in exports.

Regards,
    JPG

I think you are correct. The campaign db.xml was corrupted as the layer with the links to all the encounters and all the added tokens was still there. Will have to start making backups of the database in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dionigi View Post
    I think you are correct. The campaign db.xml was corrupted as the layer with the links to all the encounters and all the added tokens was still there. Will have to start making backups of the database in future.
    FGU Makes back ups every so often automatically. I wanted to see the contents of the folder which might have told me enough to help you further since you should be able to recover some or all of the work. But there's no explanation for a physical file being removed from a folder unless it was deleted.

played today and one of my players had the gm's screen as well as me. using lan he was logged on with ip address.

Was he using his own copy of Fantasy Grounds on a different computer? Or was he logging in using your account details on another computer you own?

Thread Information