DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    If you can track down what extension pairing is causing it, or what specific steps I can do to replicate it, I'd love to hear it.
    I tried to disable all extensions but this one: the behavior is absolutely the same, so I don't think there's an extension conflict.
    Replicating the issue is quite simple: e.g., you need to modify the content of field Str Adj, pumping it up so that modified Strength is enough to shift character encumbrance from medium to lower, and you can see that no switch occurs.
    This is the initial status:
    Initial.png
    After Str Adj edit:
    After_StrAdj.png
    As you can see, Max Stat field is not updated. Now, if you simply change HP in CT, or unequip and equip again an item in the PC inventory, Max Stat is correctly updated:
    After_Unequip.png

Now, if I add CharManagerTE.calcItemArmorClass_new(nodeChar) as last statement at the end of function onEncumbranceChanged(nodeChar), all is working fine, and I cannot see any recursive code warning in Console.
    I'm testing this on Unity.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by cristmo View Post
    I tried to disable all extensions but this one: the behavior is absolutely the same, so I don't think there's an extension conflict.
    Replicating the issue is quite simple: e.g., you need to modify the content of field Str Adj, pumping it up so that modified Strength is enough to shift character encumbrance from medium to lower, and you can see that no switch occurs.
    This is the initial status:
    Initial.png
    After Str Adj edit:
    After_StrAdj.png
    As you can see, Max Stat field is not updated. Now, if you simply change HP in CT, or unequip and equip again an item in the PC inventory, Max Stat is correctly updated:
    After_Unequip.png

Now, if I add CharManagerTE.calcItemArmorClass_new(nodeChar) as last statement at the end of function onEncumbranceChanged(nodeChar), all is working fine, and I cannot see any recursive code warning in Console.
    I'm testing this on Unity.
    Ah! I was misunderstanding the issue. Thanks for that very thorough explanation. The recursive event warning wasn't all the time IIRC, but it's been a while since I removed that.
    I found a way to add it again without it being in onEncumbranceChanged, so I think I have a good workaround although I still couldn't reproduce it.

Encumbrance Penalties v1.3-hotfix.1
    * Loadorder of this extension is now 2. If you run into compatibility issues, please let me know.
    * HOTFIX: should fix penalties not updating when stradj or carry mult were changed.
    Click here to see raw code changes
    Last edited by bmos; August 16th, 2021 at 12:06.

Hey bmos,

I'm running your encumbrance penalty extension off the Forge in Pathfinder 1 on Unity.

I seem to be getting the Medium Load penalties applied to characters on a Light Load.

I'm looking at a character here with a 13 STR : Light load (50) Medium (100) Heavy (150).
    The character is carrying 54 pounds and wearing padded armor.
    The Penalties window shows Max stat of 3, Skill check -3 -- both of those numbers are in RED -- and a Spell Fail (4) -- in black. Additionally, the character's movement rate has been reduced from 30 to 20. All of which seems to indicate the character is carrying a Medium Load.

Admittedly, I'm running numerous other extensions, but I was curious if this was happening regularly or if there were known issues with other inventory extensions where you've seen this? Is it double-counting something, or not looking at the correct strength rating?

When I reduce the weight of the character below 50, the penalties all go away. And further playing with it, if I adjust the character's carried weight into the mid range (105 pounds in this case) the penalties for a heavy load seem to be applied... more evidence it seems to be one "level" off with penalties.

Any insight appreciated - thank you for your time.
    Last edited by crossbow57; September 8th, 2021 at 20:21.

Quote Originally Posted by crossbow57 View Post
    Hey bmos,

I'm running your encumbrance penalty extension off the Forge in Pathfinder 1 on Unity.

I seem to be getting the Medium Load penalties applied to characters on a Light Load.

I'm looking at a character here with a 13 STR : Light load (50) Medium (100) Heavy (150).
    The character is carrying 54 pounds and wearing padded armor.
    The Penalties window shows Max stat of 3, Skill check -3 -- both of those numbers are in RED -- and a Spell Fail (4) -- in black. Additionally, the character's movement rate has been reduced from 30 to 20. All of which seems to indicate the character is carrying a Medium Load.

Admittedly, I'm running numerous other extensions, but I was curious if this was happening regularly or if there were known issues with other inventory extensions where you've seen this? Is it double-counting something, or not looking at the correct strength rating?

When I reduce the weight of the character below 50, the penalties all go away. And further playing with it, if I adjust the character's carried weight into the mid range (105 pounds in this case) the penalties for a heavy load seem to be applied... more evidence it seems to be one "level" off with penalties.

Any insight appreciated - thank you for your time.
    You're just misunderstanding how it works. Those numbers are the highest value in that range, not the lowest.
    No load = 0 load
    Light load = 1-50lb
    Medium load = 51-100lb
    Heavy load 150+lb

Source: https://www.aonprd.com/Rules.aspx?Na...ility%20Scores
    Last edited by bmos; September 8th, 2021 at 20:42.

Ya know, it's the dumb questions that really help us all feel great about ourselves. haha.

Thanks for the clarification, I had thought myself into a hole on that one. Whew! Working as intended. Thank you! Nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by crossbow57 View Post
    Ya know, it's the dumb questions that really help us all feel great about ourselves. haha.

Thanks for the clarification, I had thought myself into a hole on that one. Whew! Working as intended. Thank you! Nothing to see here.
    I actually made the same mistake for a long time! Encumbrance rules are so rarely used without automation that I think it takes most people by surprise when they realize they're almost always medium encumbered.

dont forget, when overencumbered (greater than heavy load), 5ft movement is all you can do as Full Round Action and you lose your DEX bonus to AC, (so count as flat-footed etc) ;-)

everyone always forgets *kicks telegraph pole like dejected Eeyore*

hmm, @Bmos, I was going to suggest : if over heavy, have the effect "nodex" auto applied , but it would make it rely on Kel's ext (and inter-extension reliance isn't a great thing) (and lower speed to 5)
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; September 13th, 2021 at 04:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    dont forget, when overencumbered (greater than heavy load), 5ft movement is all you can do as Full Round Action and you lose your DEX bonus to AC, (so count as flat-footed etc) ;-)

everyone always forgets *kicks telegraph pole like dejected Eeyore*

hmm, @Bmos, I was going to suggest : if over heavy, have the effect "nodex" auto applied , but it would make it rely on Kel's ext (and inter-extension reliance isn't a great thing) (and lower speed to 5)
    great idea. how about I just set max dex to 0 and reduce speed to 5
    looks like i can also penalize more than double heavy encumbrance to limit speed to 0.
    I pushed all that to github but need to test before releasing it.
    Last edited by bmos; September 13th, 2021 at 12:55.

ive added this extension to my list but i keep getting this failure...

encumbarance fail.PNG

what am i doing wrong or am i missing a pre-requisite for this extension ?

Quote Originally Posted by wakhere View Post
    ive added this extension to my list but i keep getting this failure...

encumbarance fail.PNG

what am i doing wrong or am i missing a pre-requisite for this extension ?
    You appear to be using an old version. How did you install it?
    You're also out of date on other extensions so I'd recommend you carefully check each extension for updates (and IMO you should just delete all of mine from the extensions folder and reinstall from Forge).
    Last edited by bmos; November 17th, 2021 at 11:42.

Thread Information