STAR TREK 2d20

LFP: Trail of Cthulhu - Monday evening 7PM EST

FG License: FGU Ultimate (players can use the free demo client, no purchases needed)
    Game System: Trail of Cthulhu (Gumshoe)

Gumshoe is not a complex system, and can easily be learned in a session or two without having to read the rulebook. Be aware it is more of a narrative system, and the game is driven far more by player decisions than die rolls or mechanics.

Time Zone: EST (GMT -4)
    Day of week and time: Mondays, 7PM-11PM EST
    If new game, planned start date: 5/10 or 5/17
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly sessions
    Term: Long, preferably months or more

Text or Voice: Voice (no video)
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No
    Microphone discipline and judicious use of push-to-talk are required.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 85/15
    Number of Players in game & needed: two slots available
    Character starting level & equipment: Irrelevant

Details of your scenario: I'm aiming to run an ongoing campaign that lasts quite some time, so while more of a purist than pulp game, expect minimal mythos engagement early on. Not a lot of spellslinging, dynamite, and madness. Specifics of the setup will be decided at session zero based on the group's preferred party theme and such, but it will likely start in the USA in 1932. I'll be using a modified version of the ToC ruleset, mostly just updated in a few places for the improvements newer Gumshoe titles like NBA and FoDG have added.

Usual disclaimers apply: Game will potentially contain mature content, 18+ players only please. For safety tools, I've found discussing specific tastes and concerns at session zero and an X-card variant (since it's an online game) to be satisfactory, but am open to considering other options.

Feel free to post here or PM me with any questions.
    Last edited by Black Hammer; May 12th, 2021 at 02:38. Reason: Availability change

Updated since I had another spot open up.

Thread Information