DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Question: How can my player edit his character sheet with me offline?

As title says: My player needs to tweak his character sheet a little. Is there any way he can edit his character without the need for me to open the campaign session?

Not really.
    He can import an exported character (right click on charsheet -> export) into his own Fantasy Grounds campaign, even as demo user. He can change his sheet there afaik but of course only with what modules & co. he has. Then export and import back into your campaign.

What I do personally:
    I open my table some minutes before we beign to play so anyone can manage his/her charsheet and ask questions. Apart from that I can always boot up the campaign if someone wants to change somehting or wants me to change somehting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    Not really.
    He can import an exported character (right click on charsheet -> export) into his own Fantasy Grounds campaign, even as demo user. He can change his sheet there afaik but of course only with what modules & co. he has. Then export and import back into your campaign.

What I do personally:
    I open my table some minutes before we beign to play so anyone can manage his/her charsheet and ask questions. Apart from that I can always boot up the campaign if someone wants to change somehting or wants me to change somehting.
    Ok. I do the same. I open the session and go do something else while he edits his character.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    Not really.
    One clarification, I don't believe you have to export in FGU. You always have a local copy of your character from all your campaigns, you just need to import it into the current campaign. Plase correct me if I'm wrong, but this is my understanding.

The player can import the character into a local campaign, make changes and then when they join the GMs campaign import the new character (this will create a new version of the PC, not overwriting the original).

See this video for more details: https://youtu.be/30o7jjJpLoo
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by lavoiejh View Post
    One clarification, I don't believe you have to export in FGU. You always have a local copy of your character from all your campaigns, you just need to import it into the current campaign. Plase correct me if I'm wrong, but this is my understanding.
    This is correct. But if he edits elsewere there will be 2 copies of the same character

I also have this same doubt. There must be an easier way to offline editing the characters sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigold View Post
    I also have this same doubt. There must be an easier way to offline editing the characters sheets.
    See the video I linked in post #5.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Henrique Oliveira Machado View Post
    This is correct. But if he edits elsewere there will be 2 copies of the same character
    That's actually a good thing - the GM can review the edited character and still have access to the original. The GM can then delete the copy no longer needed, as can the player in their local character campaign. It's just like managing computer files - make a copy, edit, delete the file you don't want or keep as a backup - up to you.

Thread Information