5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
  1. #1

    "Enabling/Disabling Lighting" ruins maps!

    Hi all! With the last update, "Enabling/Disabling Lighting" ruins the map you are seeing. I open the image and the information of walls and lightining is available, but 50% chances the image is not. Trying things I discovered that if you disable lighting the image appears, and if you enable it again it shows the lighting effects and keeps the image. This error occurs again when you maximize the image, and is solved in the same fashion.

    As usual, screenshots to show what I mean!

    Lightning ruins map 01.PNG Walls data available, but no image (in this case the "Enabling/Disabling Lighting" is On, that is Enabled)
    Lightning ruins map 02.PNG Here I disabled lighting
    Lightning ruins map 03.PNG The I enable it again (notice the pin and tokens appear, and a little section with a light becomes visible)
    Lightning ruins map 04.PNG Then I maximize the map, and again everything disappears, this time gray instead of dark blue
    Lightning ruins map 05.PNG Then I disable lighting and the map appears again, and then I enable it again and works fine (but I cannot add any more pics, since 5 is the limit)

    I don't have any player connected, so I can't tell you what happens if sharing/de-sharing the image

    Hope you can check it out!

  2. #2
    I have never seen anyhting like this in neither my campaigns nor others'...
    Does this happen with every map in any campaign with no extensions?

    It would help if you could upload your campaign (as zip archive) and write exact steps to reproduce for the devs.
    Specs: Ryzen 3700x, 32 GB 3200 MHz, Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT 8 GB
    DMing atm: Savage Tide 3.5
    Tip of the day: Take a deep breath, think and then write.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    I have never seen anyhting like this in neither my campaigns nor others'...
    Does this happen with every map in any campaign with no extensions?

    It would help if you could upload your campaign (as zip archive) and write exact steps to reproduce for the devs.
    I purchase FGU 2 weeks ago, so I only have the one campaign I GM. This started happening after today's or possibly yesterday's update. I first noticed it it today, but yesterday while I used FGU I did not open any maps.

    Steps to reproduce:
    Load my campaign with no extensions
    Open a map image with walls+light effects
    image_2021-05-06_153906.png this happens.
    Disable lighting image_2021-05-06_154117.png this happens.
    Enable lighting image_2021-05-06_154151.png this happens.
    Maximize image image_2021-05-06_154253.png this happens.
    Disabling and enabling lighting again turns it back to "correct"
    Disabling lighting, closing the image and then opening it again, opens de image correctly

    Hope this is more helpful!

  4. #4
    Thank you!

    Can you upload your campaign as zip file? If it's too large for an attachment you can use OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.
    As this is the first report with these errors it might be unique to your campaign/data.
    Specs: Ryzen 3700x, 32 GB 3200 MHz, Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT 8 GB
    DMing atm: Savage Tide 3.5
    Tip of the day: Take a deep breath, think and then write.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    Thank you!

    Can you upload your campaign as zip file? If it's too large for an attachment you can use OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.
    As this is the first report with these errors it might be unique to your campaign/data.
    Don't know how to do that...

  6. #6
    If you installed in the default location your campaign should be in C:\Users\%yourusername%\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks \Fantasy Grounds\campaigns.

    Right-click the folder -> Send to -> ZIP-compressed folder. A new .zip file gets created.

    Upload that file as attachment here. If it's too big, then you can upload that file to any filehosting service on the internet (e.g. OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc).
    Specs: Ryzen 3700x, 32 GB 3200 MHz, Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT 8 GB
    DMing atm: Savage Tide 3.5
    Tip of the day: Take a deep breath, think and then write.

  7. #7
    An example campaign would be great. We had one of our internal guys report something similar this morning; but he couldn't reproduce.

    We just need to figure out what is triggering the situation so we can patch.

    Thanks,
    JPG

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    If you installed in the default location your campaign should be in C:\Users\%yourusername%\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks \Fantasy Grounds\campaigns.

    Right-click the folder -> Send to -> ZIP-compressed folder. A new .zip file gets created.

    Upload that file as attachment here. If it's too big, then you can upload that file to any filehosting service on the internet (e.g. OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc).
    Thanks a ton! I found it and .zipped it!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    An example campaign would be great. We had one of our internal guys report something similar this morning; but he couldn't reproduce.

    We just need to figure out what is triggering the situation so we can patch.

    Thanks,
    JPG
    Sure thing! Here goes! Hope you can downloaded it!

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/e7k2nc7lz9...rm%21.rar?dl=0

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
5E Character Create Playlist

Log in

Log in