5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    @MoonWizard Yea typically on move an OOB is fired to handle all the aura stuff on the server. However the 4th edition ruleset was exhibiting odd behavior in handling the aura events on the server. The location of the moved token was being reported as where it came from rather than where it was moved to. The other rulesets are fine. I'll see if I can isolate the movement weirdness some more and just tackle this at the source of the problem.

@celestian That's a really interesting idea to just check auras when processing effects. I'll have to look into that, as it sounds better overall unless it would compromise the the extension's ability to play nice with other extensions.
    Last edited by SoxMax; May 7th, 2021 at 13:26.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxMax View Post
    @celestian That's a really interesting idea to just check auras when processing effects. I'll have to look into that, as it sounds better overall unless it would compromise the the extension's ability to play nice with other extensions.
    You'll need to override the locations were effect functions are iterating over "effects" data on n/pcs. I replaced it with a "getEffectsList()" and trick it into thinking the n/pc has an effect granted by the aura. It's a pretty neat method and works well for me. Most of the code resides in manager_effects_adnd.lua (at the bottom) in the 2E ruleset if you'd like to review/use bits you find helpful.

Someone with more time than me could write it as an extension for 5e I'm sure... I just dont have spare time recently.
    Last edited by celestian; May 7th, 2021 at 16:05.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

New ruleset update includes "[DEV][CoreRPG+] Adjusted EffectManager.addEffect to not display duplicate effect message if show message flag set to false."
    Perhaps this fixes the issue you're seeing, SoxMax?

OH MAN, I just cracked open the latest CoreRPG ruleset and it should totally solve the problem. I'll do some testing tomorrow when I have time. Moon Wizard you're my hero!

Looks like its working perfectly. I've got a version of the Aura Effects running where all the distances are calculated on the clients and they just send messages to update their effects: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post599638

No chat spam at all!

Thread Information