DICE PACKS BUNDLE

removing npc pops up error message

not sure if extensions conflicts or weekly fg updates.

whenever removing npc from combat tracker, these error messages come up...

Code:
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:153: attempt to index local 'nodeCT' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:153: attempt to index local 'nodeCT' (a nil value)
    anyone else experienced this or have any idea?
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

The file scripts/manager_token2.lua in the 3.5E/PFRPG ruleset is only 29 lines long; so it looks like an extension issue.

Regards,
    JPG

I adjusted that script in my extension (though it does not overwrite TokenManager2, the script name is a different one; I kept the same file name for reference)

But I cannot replicate this issue with my overlay package and spontaneously I do not know of other extensions having another TokenManager. Which other extensions do you run?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    ...Which other extensions do you run?

ya just the usual suspects...

Attached Images Attached Images
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post

ya just the usual suspects...

Now comes the funny part: Test with just one of each of those activated And make sure that you have the most recent versions of the extensions and of FG (maybe the latter is easier to test first)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    ...Test with just one of each of those activated...
    ugg. lol

interestingly enough, i play in a game where gm is running fgu and had the same error messages
    (i think... at least error messages came up when removing npcs from c.t. like it happened with me).

he's for sure using your extension and possibly other(s) same as i am but fgu version, producing same result.

regardless, i'll test to see which ones conflict.

-----

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post
    ugg. lol

interestingly enough, i play in a game where gm is running fgu and had the same error messages
    (i think... at least error messages came up when removing npcs from c.t. like it happened with me).

he's for sure using your extension and possibly other(s) same as i am but fgu version, producing same result.

regardless, i'll test to see which ones conflict.

Oki, make sure that you all have the most up-to-date versions I just asked another user of my extension, and no error May be easier just to redownload the overlay package and test again, maybe just a too old version

That looks familiar, but I’ll have to check when I get home. Every time I removed an npc from the CT I got an error message, and it was a function from the overlay extension.
    As I recall, it didn’t cause any problems; the npc would be removed fine. I had trouble reproducing it because it turned out that it only happened with players connected. I think it was an issue of timing of sending messages regarding wound overlay status, so by the time the overlay was updated the npc was no longer there.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfisc View Post
    That looks familiar, but I’ll have to check when I get home. Every time I removed an npc from the CT I got an error message, and it was a function from the overlay extension.
    As I recall, it didn’t cause any problems; the npc would be removed fine. I had trouble reproducing it because it turned out that it only happened with players connected. I think it was an issue of timing of sending messages regarding wound overlay status, so by the time the overlay was updated the npc was no longer there.
    Ah, that helped me to reproduce it; indeed, a client needs to be connected and needs to deal damage to the NPC. But that is a very strange issue since the error then still comes if I delete the NPC minutes later, as if the code for setting the wound status still runs. I don't understand that error, but it was easy to fix I upload a fix in some minutes

(and I wonder why that was no issue in earlier versions; this part of the code didn't change since I created it )
    Last edited by Kelrugem; May 5th, 2021 at 01:58.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfisc View Post
    oh, and thanks to you and tahl_liadon for making me aware of that bug and how to reproduce it

Thread Information