DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Tokens moving for the mover, but not for observers

Throughout tonight's game, tokens would somehow become separated from green squares that showed their locations - for some people. A player would move a token, and other players and the GM would see a green square appear at the new location, while the token appeared to stay at the old location. The green square could be targeted, the token could not. And for any observer, grabbing and dropping the green square caused the token to update its location to the green square's place.

This happened inconsistently - occasionally a player's token would move part of the way, or even move normally. And it was not all the same player. The same happened with GM-controlled NPCs, and with familiars or other player-controlled NPCs. Windows 10. This same group has been playing in that campaign server for months, and this is a new phenomenon. No new extensions have been added. We use Rob Twohy's Effects Coding modules and extensions, but nothing else that's weird. Any ideas?

I'd check to see if you have the latest extensions. FG is updated often which means there is a chance after every update extensions will break. You can also turn off all extensions and see if you have the same problem to know if it is an extension problem.

Also most comercial extensions are being written in FGU now. It's possible they might not work the same in classic when it comes to images and maps.

I thought I remember a situation where small grid sizes (<10) caused issues like that. What's the grid size on the map you're having problems with?

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information