5E Character Create Playlist

Multiple "Types" in IFT statement

I'm trying to create an effect for the Ranger Favored Enemy, when I try it on enemies it applies the damage to any "type" of creature, instead of just orc, goblinoid and fiend. What am I missing?

Fav Enemy: IFT: Type(orc, goblinoid, fiend); DMG: [WIS]

Easy fix! You only forgot a set of brackets and the first colon should be a semi colon.

Fav. Enemy; IFT: [TYPE](goblinoid, orc, fiend); DMG: [WIS]

You don't need the square brackets. It's IFT:TYPE(etc); DMG:[WIS]. The important thing is TYPE is a keyword so must be in all caps.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

TYPE doesn't have to be all in capitals. The only thing in effect string that does not to be in capitals is the effect keywords - IFT, IF, DMG, ATK, etc..

This works fine for me: IFT: type(orc, goblinoid, fiend); DMG: 4
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

(Disregard, accidentally a double post see below)

Lol, I like the evolution in this thread

Yeah, as Trenloe wrote, multiple types should work, and type is indeed not case-sensitive; I suspect that the colon after Fav Enemy is the culprit in your effect (you should use a semicolon like Phixation (but without the extra square brackets ), otherwise FG tries to interpret that string, although you just use it as information) And make sure that you apply this effect from an actions tab such that [WIS] gets replaced correctly with a number in the CT (but I think this part worked for you because you wrote that it applies the damage to all NPCs)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; May 2nd, 2021 at 13:16.

FG's hive mind is very powerful and nimble....

well i learned more today. good stuff.

Thread Information