FG Spreadshirt Swag

Conviction Effect

Hiyas,

So I was trying to make an effect that would mimic the use of Conviction (i.e., adding +1d6 to EVERY roll by a player during a given turn, which can ace). Seems like the SW effects are already close, in that I can increase a die type or add a modifier to all traits or just a given few, but something like [Trait +1d6] would be super convenient.

Is this already doable, am I missing something or is this functionality even possible?

Thanks!

+dx is not an effect. I'd love to see it added too. I have a few uses for that.

Good morning,

The effect you are looking for is [Extra:Trait =2d]. Itīs partly used for the Deadlands Harrowed Ability to "letting the devil out". If you want an additional d6 added to damage as well, the effect must be [Extra:Trait|Extra:Damage =2d]
    Last edited by TomtheBu; May 1st, 2021 at 08:12.

Quote Originally Posted by TomtheBu View Post
    Good morning,

The effect you are looking for is [Extra:Trait =2d]. Itīs partly used for the Deadlands Harrowed Ability to "letting the devil out". If you want an additional d6 added to damage as well, the effect must be [Extra:Trait|Extraamage =2d]
    Excellent! thanks so much! Seems like this isn't on the wiki though, but appreciate you passing the knowledge on!

Quote Originally Posted by TomtheBu View Post
    Good morning,

The effect you are looking for is [Extra:Trait =2d]. Itīs partly used for the Deadlands Harrowed Ability to "letting the devil out". If you want an additional d6 added to damage as well, the effect must be [Extra:Trait|Extraamage =2d]
    Whomever owns the wiki should get that in there.

Now I wonder do Convictoin and Letting the Devil out stack? Seems a bit crazxy....

....and the answer is: at least not in FGU (which is saner)

Thanks for posting that TomtheBu!

Extra: is limited, but I figured out I can do the following:

[Extra:Notice =2d] to affect just Notice (or Strength, Stealth, any other specific trait).
    [>Extraamage =1d] on a specific weapon to add that damage to the weapon

This fills a gap I had for setting specific spells and items in my game.

Thread Information