STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Unable to load ruleset file (base.xml)

Twice in the last month I have gotten this error running a DND 5E campaign.

I can fix it by deleting the 5e.pak file and updating, but it breaks ALL the characters weapons and spells. Anything with a die roll in it. I then have to reload all the modules for my campaign and then I have to go fix everyone's weapons and spells to add the dice (mace damage 1d6 bludgeoning, etc)

Are there any known conflicts with extensions.

Kirklandone

Blog Entries
    Youre asking us to be prescient here.
    You will need to load up with NO extensions and then add them one by one till you find a combination that is breaking.

Sounds like your 5E.pak file is getting corrupted.

Are you running FGC or FGU? Live or test channel?

Do you have any active sync/cloud backup solutions copying/backing up your FG data?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I am running FGC and I do not have an auto backup copying/backing up the FG data.

I did copy the "broken" 5E.pak files.

Would it be possible to copy those back over... turn off all extensions and try to see if things work normally again. or will it just be messed up since I have gone and updated 5E.pak and added all the dice back into all the weapons, spells, class hit dice etc.

Or would it be best to wait until it breaks again at the next update, which I am confident it will. Then at that point try turning off all the extensions and trying to find the one that is causing issue.

I don’t think this is being caused by an extension.

If it breaks again at the next update, upload the broken 5E.pak file here, so we can try to work out why it’s happening.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I have copies of the two times this has broken. The first time was when I updated Friday April 16th and the second time was Friday April 30th. I can attach them if you wish.

Kirklandone

Quote Originally Posted by kirklandone View Post
    I have copies of the two times this has broken. The first time was when I updated Friday April 16th and the second time was Friday April 30th. I can attach them if you wish.
    Please do.

Corrupted 5E pak files

The file 5E_old.pak is the file that got corrupted the first time (April 16) and the 5E.pak got corrupted April 30th.

I will let you know if it happens again this Friday/Saturday.

Kirklandone
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by kirklandone View Post
    The file 5E_old.pak is the file that got corrupted the first time (April 16) and the 5E.pak got corrupted April 30th.

I will let you know if it happens again this Friday/Saturday.

Kirklandone
    Thanks for providing those. They're definitely corrupt files.

Does the issue occur after you've ran an FG update? Or does it occur after you've been using that ruleset OK and not running update?

It happens after an update. This week, I will avoid doing the update and see if the campaign loads up nicely.

Thread Information