DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Extended Natural, Shield, and Armor AC Bonus Types Extension

Adds naturalsize, armorenhancement, shieldenhancement, and naturalenhancement AC bonus types.

This extension is no longer maintained. Its functionality is now baked into Extended Automation

Extension Homepage, README, and Codebase
    FantasyGrounds Forge
    Ext Files and Changelog
    License Information
    Bug Tracker and Suggestions

To avoid my threads taking over the PF1e subforum, I publish most updates in my combo thread (with only major updates in this individual thread which is primarily for discussion and bug reports). To ensure you're kept informed of future updates, either subscribe to that thread (for updates to all my extensions) or create a GitHub account and follow the specific repository of each extension you use. Or just check the releases linked in the first post of the thread periodically.

It could be worth incorporating into the PFRPG ruleset package and I have no problem with this code being used by SmiteWorks.
    Last edited by bmos; February 23rd, 2023 at 22:12.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Natural and armor AC bonuses have some sub-bonuses that stack with each other.
    Some abilities in Pathfinder say they provide "a size bonus to natural armor" and complex things like this.

This extension adds the bonus types:
    armorsize
    armorenhancement
    naturalsize
    naturalenhancement

these are not used for touch AC bonuses but do stack with armor and natural bonuses.

it could be worth incorporating into the PFRPG ruleset package and I would have no problem with this being done.
    This would be nice to have in the ruleset. But it looks like you are lacking shieldenhancement.
    And not sure if armorsize is a thing.
    Just for utility it might be good to get a type that stacks with itself but only works against normal attacks (not touch, not cmd).

I will go through pathfinder rules to see if I find if this covers everything.

hmm

quick question re: naturalsize and armorsize, and size

they should not stack with each other, is that the case with this extention? (just want to make sure before I start using it)

source

size, regardless whether it's source is armor, natural, or size, can only be implemented once, according to Paizo (well, as far as I have read...)

As per the rules on size changes, size changes do not stack, so if you have multiple size changing effects (for instance an effect that increases your size by one step and another that increases your size by two steps), only the largest applies
    p.s agree with naturalenchancement (re: barkskin), thats a nice way of doing it
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; April 30th, 2021 at 05:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    hmm

they should not stack with each other, is that the case with this extention? (just want to make sure before I start using it)

source

size, regardless whether it's source is armor, natural, or size, can only be implemented once, according to Paizo (well, as far as I have read...)

Spells and abilitys that modify your size don't stack, but that should't be translated to the effects, for example, Legendary Proportions gives a size bonus to our natural armor, and a size penalty to your AC, if you cast Enlarge Person the on the same PC, only one of those spells will remain, same rule apply for polymorph spells.

I don't think that's right here. Enlarge person has an untyped AC penalty (are there typed penalties? i don't think so) and Legendary Proportions has a size bonus to natural armor (not a size bonus to armor which would be a bonus to your equipment rather than to you, anyway).
    Last edited by bmos; April 30th, 2021 at 16:45.

hmm

source

Size bonuses don't stack but these new effects are armor and natural armor subtypes that would be used to allow for different armor and natural armor bonuses to stack.

Example - Natural Armor
    A number of racial traits give you a natural armor bonus. Effect: 'natural'
    Amulet of Natural Armor and some spells (Barkskin) give you an enhancement bonus to your natural armor. Effect: 'naturalenhancement'
    While other spells (Legendary Proportions) give you a size bonus to your natural armor. Effect: 'naturalsize'

Currently FG only has 1 effect type for natural armor 'natural' so their is no way currently to apply all three of these effects. This extension fixes that.

Size Bonuses
    Agreed, Size bonuses don't stack. But the 'naturalsize' effect is not really a Size modifier. It is a Natural Armor modifier with a size subtype.

As was touched on by Thamyor. The Legendary Proportions spell increases your size by one category which amongst other things gives you a -1 AC (Effect;AC:-1 size). It also specifically gives a '+6 size bonus to its natural armor' but if we write it as 'Effect;AC:6 natural' it won't correctly stack with the other natural armor bonuses, thus the need for 'Effect;AC:6 naturalsize'

Expanding on what bmos said.

Enlarge Person also gives a size increase which gives an AC effect of 'Effect;AC:-1 size'. If both it and Legendary Proportions were cast on the same person the 'Effect;AC:-1 size' from both spells would not stack, which is correct. But the 'Effect;AC:6 naturalsize' would still be applied.
    Last edited by dllewell; April 30th, 2021 at 19:57.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Natural and armor AC bonuses have some sub-bonuses that stack with each other.
    Some abilities in Pathfinder say they provide "a size bonus to natural armor" and complex things like this.

This extension adds the bonus types:
    armorsize
    armorenhancement
    naturalsize
    naturalenhancement

these are not used for touch AC bonuses but do stack with armor and natural bonuses.
    I think the list should be:
    armorenhancement
    shieldenhancement
    naturalenhancement
    naturalsize

But I might be missing something.

Agreed, Size bonuses don't stack. But the 'naturalsize' effect is not really a Size modifier. It is a Natural Armor modifier with a size subtype.
    hmm
    it's more fundamental than that

it's about not size bonus or subtypes of natural armor

Multiple magical effects that increase size do not stack.
    (it's in the description of Enlarge Person and in the FAQ regarding size and spells)

The text calls out no multiple size effects (regardless is it's 'size bonuses' or 'naturalsize', no two size 'modifiers), of any form, presumably to stop this exact min-maxing occuring

ergo, those two spells will not stack in anyway, neither will any other two size related spells (as Thaymor said too)

Enlarge Person also gives a size increase which gives an AC effect of 'Effect;AC:-1 size'. If both it and Legendary Proportions were cast on the same person the 'Effect;AC:-1 size' from both spells would not stack, which is correct. But the 'Effect;AC:6 naturalsize' would still be applied.
    hmm, this specifically could not happen to begin with, both spells increase size by one step, this is not allowed to exist on the same victim (and you dont get partial spell effects)

Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; May 1st, 2021 at 08:05.

hmm
    it's more fundamental than that

it's about not size bonus or subtypes of natural armor

(it's in the description of Enlarge Person and in the FAQ regarding size and spells)

The text calls out no multiple size effects (regardless is it's 'size bonuses' or 'naturalsize', no two size 'modifiers), of any form, presumably to stop this exact min-maxing occuring

ergo, those two spells will not stack in anyway, neither will any other two size related spells (as Thaymor said too)

hmm, this specifically could not happen to begin with, both spells increase size by one step, this is not allowed to exist on the same victim (and you dont get partial spell effects)

Ah, that is true. But I think the correct fix for this is to just not cast two of those spells :P
    There isn't really a good in-code way to have them not stack (since they have different effects where sometimes one or the other might be preferred).

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    I think the list should be:
    armorenhancement
    shieldenhancement
    naturalenhancement
    naturalsize

But I might be missing something.
    I think we definitely need to add shieldenhancement. I'm not sure if we need armorsize but it doesn't hurt to leave it in. If it's never used, its never used.

Thread Information