FG Spreadshirt Swag

[PAID] Call of Cthulhu 7e GM looking to run short campaign "Blackwater Creek"

NEW PLAYERS ENCOURAGED!
    Hi there! I'm Drackeon, and I'm ready to take you on a mystery horror-filled trip into the darkness that is rising in Blackwater Creek...

GAME INTRODUCTION: A few months ago, Professor Henry Roades took an archaeological expedition from the Miskatonic University to the small settlement of Blackwater Creek in the Miskatonic Valley region of Massachusetts. Most of the expedition has returned; however Professor Roades and his wife, Abigail, are still on-site. While Professor Roades has sent a letter to his head of department explaining his absence, concern is growing, especially now the new academic year has begun. The fact that Roades has not answered any subsequent correspondence is not helping. Professor Ernest McTavish, the head of the Department of Archaeology, has asked a few people to go out to Blackwater Creek, make sure that Henry and Abigail are safe, and ensure they return to Arkham as soon as possible.
    This is one of the short introductory scenarios included in the keeper's screen box set. I've run it many times, it can be linked into the larger Masks of Nyarlathotep campaign, and I have an absolute blast with it.

ABOUT ME: I am a lover of TTRPGS, as you can imagine. I've been playing for around 5 years, GMing for 4, and GMing Call of Cthulhu specifically for 2 or 3 of those.

PRICE: $5 per-person per-session. We will have a free-of-charge Session Zero, during which the group can get to know each other and find out if they'll work well together.

PARTY SIZE: We will start playing when we have a minimum of 3, but I'm setting the maximum at 5. Call of Cthulhu, in my opinion, works better with smaller groups.

SCHEDULE: Weekly, but flexible - To be determined when we have all our players. My current availability is Monday through Friday, 12:00pm-4:00pm MST and 10:00pm-2:00am MST. If this changes, I'll put update posts in this thread.

PLATFORM: Fantasy Grounds with Discord for voice/video.

DISCLAIMERS: This scenario is set during the 1920s, during which racism and sexism were worse than they are today. In Call of Cthulhu, they are sometimes presented as obstacles to be overcome. We'll have a more detailed conversation about this and other things like violence and sanity during Session Zero. In the past, I haven't had a problem with any of this with any group, and I think the 7th edition system and scenarios handle these topics quite tactfully.

So what are you waiting for? Hit me up with a PM or a response to this thread and begin your descent into the madness of.... Blackwater Creek!
    Last edited by Drackeon27; May 3rd, 2021 at 21:29.

Hey all, quick update to this post - I now have 1 player, with more possibly coming soon. I've got 4 open seats left, and we'll start playing when we have 3 seats (including the one already filled) filled.

Also, each session will be 4 hours with a 10-15 minute break in the center - forgot to mention that in the original post.

Thread Information