STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

License key conflict on localhost

Hey guys! I decided to try and test 4.1 but for some reason on the same computer running 2 FGU instances and trying to connect to my own game with localhost, I get a license key conflict.. I thought localhost was allowed?

If you started a LAN game with your first instance then use localhoset to connect the second instance. If you started a Cloud game then use your username to connect to GM in the second instance.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

2 instances of FGU work but if you add a 3rd, you get that error. Which wasn't the way it worked in FG classic....(I still ain't thrilled about it)

Nope, just using 2 instances with a LAN game and trying to connect to it with localhost,
    Is it because I'm using the TEST channel?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Are you connecting to localhost or something else?
    localhost

First instance is running as LAN. What IP are you putting in for localhost, 127.0.0.1?

After you have the first instance running right click on the icon for FG on the taskbar and select fantasy grounds to start the second instance. Make sure you are typing localhost into the Join by IP address box and not the join by DM name box.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

yup doing that, still says that, does it matter if I'm on the TEST channel?

Thread Information