STAR TREK 2d20

How do you change the fx pen color

So I’m adding some fx effects with FGU to some maps (water and clouds) but when I hold down the alt key and trace the area to be masked the traced line is black. The black is a PITA to see against a dark background. How do you change the color of the pen line being traced? I’m sure it’s gotta be an easy fix but I just haven’t found it.
    Thanks in advance.
    Mike

Pen color is the dice color, change the dice color

Thanks Nylanfs. Yep I tried that with no success. I had changed the dice color from purple, to red, to green and the pen color stayed black when holding down the alt key and trying to trace the area for the fx's. The fx took the desired effect but the area being traced is really hard to see against a dark background... Its doable but a pain to get it where the line should be.

As far as I know there's no way to change the colour of the pen when tracing an effects layer. It's always red for me and doesn't appear to be influenced by dice colour.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    As far as I know there's no way to change the colour of the pen when tracing an effects layer. It's always red for me and doesn't appear to be influenced by dice colour.
    Thank you Zacchaeus. That was my thought also. I didn’t think you could change the pen color. When doing LOS the pen colors are true to the app with red for walls and green for terrain so I assumed that the pen would be red for fx lines. Mine is black so I need to investigate some more. I’m going to switch over to my Wacom pad and see if that makes any difference.

I just checked this locally; and the FX masking overlay shows as red or blue for me when editing mask; depending on whether I'm adding or removing. I couldn't get it to change by user color.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I just checked this locally; and the FX masking overlay shows as red or blue for me when editing mask; depending on whether I'm adding or removing. I couldn't get it to change by user color.

Regards,
    JPG
    This is exactly my experience. Im working on a homebrew editing a lot of maps so im adding fx layers and los a lot right now. I dont know how the op is seeing a different experience with this.

Thread Information