Starfinder Playlist

Is there a way to reset Fog of War via API?

I'm not a fan of the player's having a persistent view of where they've been (the "revealed" part of the fog of war), particularly with the lighting changes coming.

I know I can reset a player's fog of war by right-clicking the token and resetting it. However, that doesn't work when multi-selecting tokens (it only does it for whichever one you actually open the radial menu for), so if I want to reset an 8 person party, I've got to click around on each token and dig through the menus to do a reset. I'd really like to create an extension that basically just has a button or even chat slash-command I can hit that will reset everyone's Fog of War. Programatically, that seems like it would be a pretty simple thing, except digging through CoreRPG I'm not seeing the code that does the reset, nor do I see it in documentation, making me think it's probably not something exposed via API that I could call from an extension.

Just checking to see if anyone knows if it's actually possible.

No, the system is not designed to have fog-of-war off at this time.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    No, the system is not designed to have fog-of-war off at this time.

Regards,
    JPG
    is there a misunderstanding here?

the interface operation for FoW reset is already there, on an individual token level

Sterno, I believe, just wanted to know how to group reset FoW with less clicks than navigating each individual token's radial menu

There is no feature like that currently. The FoW reset was added as a fallback and as a tool for mistakes. It was not added to be a general purpose tool to clear all FoW from a party.

Also, none of the image LoS/FoW features are currently exposed through APIs; because they are still changing formats and behaviors all the time internally. We do not have any plans to expose this functionality in the short term; though it is under consideration for the long term.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    There is no feature like that currently. The FoW reset was added as a fallback and as a tool for mistakes.
    That's a non sequitur

"there isn't a feature, yet the feature was added"

it's there, you right click on the token and reset for that character, it's what it was implemented for, to reset due to mistakes, and it's what people use it for...

doing in bulk for multiple tokens/characters doesn't seem an alien concept...

We do not have any plans to expose this functionality in the short term; though it is under consideration for the long term.
    Fair enough, I don't think it's reasonable to expect that open, but that's an aside,

it just seems redundant to make users jump through more hoops to affect a feature which is there which they will do _anyway_ but with more clicks for clearing the FoW for multiple actors, since there's clear bulk for multiple other things, like initiative etc (it would be logical for it to conform to the same interface)

right now, the work around is to go through the radial menu x times OR remove all players from the map, and re add them, which seems... silly
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; May 12th, 2021 at 03:21.

Thread Information