STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    That's a really good suggestion!
    There is nothing at the moment, but I am sure there must be a good way to implement this.

The easiest implementation would be to stop the aura from being removed if it is already there and is set to off.
    This would also keep it from being re-added and, since it's disabled, it wouldn't impact the character that has the effect.

The workflow for users would be:
    * Ask for saving throws upon the effect being added.
    * GM turns off the effect for those who saved.

It would certainly also be possible to have saving throws automated, although the development time would be many times longer. It would also have a lot of edge cases as some saving throws may be required every time the character enters the aura or just once per casting of the aura.
    I think I could make a slight change to BCE and this would all work. All the plumbing for something like this is already there.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    I think I could make a slight change to BCE and this would all work. All the plumbing for something like this is already there.
    That's awesome, although sad it can only work for 5E.

There is some similar extension for PFRPG2?

Quote Originally Posted by GileadBZ View Post
    There is some similar extension for PFRPG2?
    Try this test build; it might work!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    That's a really good suggestion!
    There is nothing at the moment, but I am sure there must be a good way to implement this.

The easiest implementation would be to stop the aura from being removed if it is already there and is set to off.
    This would also keep it from being re-added and, since it's disabled, it wouldn't impact the character that has the effect.

The workflow for users would be:
    * Ask for saving throws upon the effect being added.
    * GM turns off the effect for those who saved.

It would certainly also be possible to have saving throws automated, although the development time would be many times longer. It would also have a lot of edge cases as some saving throws may be required every time the character enters the aura or just once per casting of the aura.
    Disabling it works well.

As I looked through more things that have auras I am seeing more of the edge cases you alluded to. As you said different auras have different rules around when and how often a save is needed. I also found some where the aura is nullified if the aura owner is hit by someone affected by the aura (Archon Hound - Aura of Menace).

Overall I think you are completely right. Too many edge cases to code this for automatic saves.

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    Disabling it works well.
    Had time to implement that this morning. See v1.4.
    Last edited by bmos; July 3rd, 2021 at 00:46.

Thread Information