STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Aura Effects for Pathfinder/3.5E

In order to support some homebrew stuff I have converted kentmccullough's 5E Aura Effects extension to work with 3.5E/Pathfinder.
    You can find a simple explanation of how the extension works in the README.

Edit: realized I should mention I've tested this extension with v4.0.10 and shouldn't work with any versions before v4.0.7 as that was the earliest that the getDistanceBetween function was added.

Edit
    I've been collaborating with bmos on his repo for subsequent changes. Releases can now be found here: https://github.com/bmos/FG-Aura-Effect/releases
    Also you can find them mirrored to the Nexus at: https://www.nexusmods.com/fantasygroundsunity/mods/2
    Last edited by SoxMax; June 1st, 2021 at 21:40.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxMax View Post
    In order to support some homebrew stuff I have converted kentmccullough's 5E Aura Effects extension to work with 3.5E/Pathfinder. If you want to try the extension in your games you can find it here: https://github.com/SoxMax/Aura-Effects/releases

You can find a simple explanation of how the extension works in the README or on kentmccullough's post.
    Nice, tried it seems to work. One question, does the Aura effect go on every PC/NPC or just the one that the aura emanates from?
    Last edited by dellanx; April 25th, 2021 at 20:45.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

The AURA: only needs to be on the character the aura emanates from. Any recipients will have the FROMAURA: applied to them automatically when they're in range.

Nice!

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

def will give this a try - thx!
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

- self: AURA: 10 friend; Aura of Protection; SAVE: 5
    - ally: FROMAURA: Aura of Protection; SAVE: 5

the effect does work but not from aura radius; also getting this whenever either token is moved around on map:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_aura.lua"]:312: attempt to call field 'getDistanceBetween' (a nil value)

-----

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post

- self: AURA: 10 friend; Aura of Protection; SAVE: 5
    - ally: FROMAURA: Aura of Protection; SAVE: 5

the effect does work but not from aura radius; also getting this whenever either token is moved around on map:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_aura.lua"]:312: attempt to call field 'getDistanceBetween' (a nil value)

You don't need to put the FROMAURA: effect on allies manually, it will automatically be added as relevant targets enter range, and removed as they leave. The error is probably due to using an older version of Fantasy Grounds. The getDistanceBetween function was added in v4.0.7. See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l-APIs-for-FGU

Sweet, want to take over maintaining it overall? Looks like you forked kentmccullough's 5E-only version and released this a few days after I took started posting multi-ruleset-supporting versions in his thread.
    I can give you access to the existing mainline repo.

I took it over 17 days ago and fixed a bunch of bugs and tidied up a lot of the codebase (some of which it looks like you also did), but I don't really have time to give it all the attention it deserves.

Pretty hilarious that we did this almost in parallel.
    Last edited by bmos; April 26th, 2021 at 12:42.

@soxmax, i’m confused: are you pointing me to an fgu extension that this extension is dependent, this extension that you’ve modified for fg classic?

also, not at computer now, but i am almost certain i have most recent version of fg classic.

what am i missing? plz clarify. thx
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post

@soxmax, i’m confused: are you pointing me to an fgu extension that this extension is dependent, this extension that you’ve modified for fg classic?

also, not at computer now, but i am almost certain i have most recent version of fg classic.

what am i missing? plz clarify. thx
    SoxMax means that it only works for FGU; it is based on code only available in FGU

Thread Information