STAR TREK 2d20

improved uncanny dodge effect?

so a rogue has improved uncanny dodge and the player "hard-coded" the ac bonus into the 'misc' box for flat-footed ac.

while this is practically ok, for the most part, for this ability, it is not a blanket permanent effect;
    there are conditions that would denied rogue's dex,
    like immobilized (e.g. hold spell, stunned, paralyzed, etc) or successful feint or a higher level attacker.

has anyone come up with a good way to manage this, or is there a good way to create effects for this?

-----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post

so a rogue has improved uncanny dodge and the player "hard-coded" the ac bonus into the 'misc' box for flat-footed ac.

while this is practically ok, for the most part, for this ability, it is not a blanket permanent effect;
    there are conditions that would denied rogue's dex,
    like immobilized (e.g. hold spell, stunned, paralyzed, etc) or successful feint or a higher level attacker.

has anyone come up with a good way to manage this, or is there a good way to create effects for this?

Just as a note: In my extension (improved) uncanny dodge prevents the automatic apply of the flat-footed effect at the combat start (already by the original author mr900rr) Besides that I did not yet automate anything else regarding this (besides the code you already know, so, maybe someone did some effects for this; I did not really yet think about it)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    ...(improved) uncanny dodge prevents the automatic apply of the flat-footed effect at the combat start...

clarification questions:

1) do i need the "(improved)" spelled out as effect script?... as in: (improved) uncanny dodge;

2a) i do notice the "flat-footed" effect is populated to npc when added to combat tracker;
    how does your extension know not to populate "flat-footed" effect -- from reading the feats to see if "(improved) uncanny dodge" exists?

2b) or are you saying the "flat-footed" effect is populated by default, and if npc has (improved) uncanny dodge, it ignores "flat-footed"?

3) if pc already exists on combat tracker, how does the whole thing work,
    since "flat-footed" effect does not get populated when adding pc from 'characters' dialog window?

thx
    -----

clarification questions:

1) do i need the "(improved)" spelled out as effect script?... as in: (improved) uncanny dodge;

2a) i do notice the "flat-footed" effect is populated to npc when added to combat tracker;
    how does your extension know not to populate "flat-footed" effect -- from reading the feats to see if "(improved) uncanny dodge" exists?

2b) or are you saying the "flat-footed" effect is populated by default, and if npc has (improved) uncanny dodge, it ignores "flat-footed"?

3) if pc already exists on combat tracker, how does the whole thing work,
    since "flat-footed" effect does not get populated when adding pc from 'characters' dialog window?

thx
    That NPCs always got flatfooted on drop was actually a bug which I fixed now

It works like this: Activate flatfooted on start in the options (which you seemingly did), then everyone gets the effect Flatfooted, if the round counter is 0. However, if a PC has either Uncanny Dodge or Improved Uncanny Dodge as class ability, then it won't get that effect (it is not case-sensitive and it can also be under feats, I think, but not sure right now )

For an NPC: It looks for those "dodges" under SQ

kk will try all that. thx for clarifications!

still need to figure out how to manage other aspects of imprd uncanny dodge tho... looks like i'll be a manual process for now.
    -----

kk will try all that. thx for clarifications!

still need to figure out how to manage other aspects of imprd uncanny dodge tho... looks like i'll be a manual process for now.
    I think the ruleset already handles the half/no damage if you have "Improved Uncanny Dodge" as an effect.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I think the ruleset already handles the half/no damage if you have "Improved Uncanny Dodge" as an effect.
    That is "Improved Evasion"

That is "Improved Evasion"
    indeed it is. Oops.

There is something in the ruleset about Improved Uncanny Dodge as well, but it seems not to do anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    indeed it is. Oops.

There is something in the ruleset about Improved Uncanny Dodge as well, but it seems not to do anything yet.
    I didn't look yet in the code, but I think it parses (improved) uncanny dodge as effect for NPCs having that in SQ But just as informational effect; maybe you have seen that

I didn't look yet in the code, but I think it parses (improved) uncanny dodge as effect for NPCs having that in SQ But just as informational effect; maybe you have seen that
    Yup, that is what the code appears to do. I don't see any code that parses it back from effects to automate things.

Thread Information