Starfinder Playlist

Issues with tiles not rotating anti-clockwise, folders moving up and down layer stack

Unity, Curse of Strahd 5e, all extensions disabled

Tokens that have been converted to tiles won't rotate anti-clockwise via the Rotate button in Image Control. They rotate clockwise one turn, then one turn back: see video "Rotation".
    Then they oscillate between the two aspects. They can still be rotated manually via the selection box on-map. Repeat Rotation often enough, and they lose their orientation to the grid altogether and the image starts to become distorted: see video "Oscillation". The token in the video is from Meanders pack 6.

I've encountered this a few times in recent weeks, it appears to be entirely random and inconsistent, and I haven't been able to reproduce it to order.

I have also had an issue with folders moving up and down the layer stack on reopening the campaign.

I had an early session this morning finishing off a map for this afternoon's game. When I shut it down, the layer stack was in the order shown in FG 52. After reopening and making the video "oscillation", I noticed the stack order had changed; Myst had migrated down two levels, "lower shadows" had migrated up three, hence the shadow anomalies on the tower roof, FG 51.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Alea iacta est

Some questions:
    * Can you clarify what you mean by a "token converted to a tile"?
    * Does the order change every time you open the campaign with that map? If so, can you provide the campaign files? (Also with accompanying graphics, if not part of FG catalog)

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Can you clarify what you mean by a "token converted to a tile"?
    I mean: dragging a token from the Assets folder and dropping it into that little box at the top of the layer stack, under "Layers", then applying it as a stamp to the map.

Does the order change every time you open the campaign with that map?
    Yes, but... I seem to have solved the issue. I had a link to the map in the Hotbar. It seems that opening the map with this link produced the displacement, but opening it from Maps and Images (uncategorised) didn't. I've deleted the link and replaced it with a fresh one and it now seems to be behaving itself. Hoping this continues to be the case.

Cheers.
    Alea iacta est

This appears to be fixed in the latest beta build (v4.1).

I have no idea why resetting the hot key link would make a difference in this case. The link is just a window type reference and a data path; no other information is saved. (unless the link was pointing to a different record than you were expecting?)

At any rate, this appears to be working in the beta version for now; so we'll keep an eye out and you can let us know if you still have issues when that version arrives.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Geometer View Post
    I've deleted the link and replaced it with a fresh one and it now seems to be behaving itself. Hoping this continues to be the case.
    The plot thickens... I spoke too soon. I can open three instances of this map: the original, drawn in Curse of Strahd - Maps as it's an adaptation of a module Battlemap; a copy of this I placed in Uncategorised which is linked to the hotbar; and the map that opens from this link which is the active play map with PC tokens. I opened the campaign this morning to find that the layers were stacked correctly in the latter two instances, but were displaced in the original. This persists after rearranging the layers, shutting down, and relaunching.

At any rate, this appears to be working in the beta version for now; so we'll keep an eye out and you can let us know if you still have issues when that version arrives.
    Fair enough. It doesn't seem to impact performance or gameplay and it's only a minor blip in the workflow so I don't mind waiting. I wish I could say the same for the exploding folders issue which is starting to get really annoying.
    Alea iacta est

Thread Information