DICE PACKS BUNDLE

LFP. 4 players 1 dm looking for more. Running ADND now PF2 next. Weekdays 5pm PST

FG License: i.e. GM has full
    Game System: ADND 2e

Time Zone: Pacific, players from across the US.
    Day of week and time: Fridays at 5pm, previously wednesdays and before that thursdays. Flexible time.
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Once a week 3-4 hours sessions.
    Term: Working on Dragonlance (DLC1-DLC3 mixed with 15th aniversary). About half way through that, many months left. Will be moving to PF2 or maybe DND 5e after this and playing a Module or AP unless everyone is set on staying 2e. The reason for switching is that it's harder to find players for this edition if we find good long term players our next campaign may stay 2e adnd if the new players want that.

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed?: I record all games for my own notes I do not post them.

Roleplay & Combat mix: As module. Group is a mix in what they like.
    Number of Players in game & needed: Have 4 players would like 6.
    Character starting level & equipment: XP level of party. Appropriate equipment to match group.
    Character restrictions: Dragonlance versions of core races + minotaur. Dragonlance Classes (which for 2e means individual god clerics instead of basic, dragonlance classes like tinker, no druids, all others allowed), all kits are allowed that make sense and aren't specific to a non-dragonlance campaign setting.

Details of your scenario: In this group we are exploring ADND 2e and playing Dragonlance. None of us knew anything about Dragonlance going into it so if you are looking for some deep lore rich game this might not be one for you. Players are using their own created PCs and I am running the game based on what they are doing. This is a heroic campaign, as in any character created will want to solve the goals of the campaign which is a typical "defeat the dark lord" type storyline. I am open to a wide vairety of characters but they must be cooperative in mind. All loot is party loot, everyone shares, everyone who is in this game is reasonable. They just want to "see content", roleplay it, and react to what's going on. Nobody here is a power gamer or anything like that. It's a good fun time.

To show the extent of what is allowed int he game and what works we have one character whose a Knight of Solomnia. A reserved character who is all about his code of honor, serving justice, and defeating evil. In contrast to that another player submitted a character idea that was kind of out there. He was a coal miner in eastern Kentucky who in a mining accident was transported to Krynn. It is an Isekai story or like an Ultima type story for him. The game isn't taken overly seriously. It is light hearted as this shows. However while that may be the case with RP I play most of the characters straight unless they are not that kind of character. NPCs that command or demand respect like the leaders of the Silvanisti elves will demand it. Fizban will act goofy as he is.

2e rules:

2e has a variety of rules and ways to run the game. I run a game where we err on fun and I have a relaxed DMing style.

4d6 drop lowest, assign for stats.

Not using racial level limits. However enforcing core class restrictions and multiclass restrictions.

Individual initiative + we use weapon/spell speeds

I err on the side of fun so I have looser rules for things like dual classing and level limits. However I enforce others. It's not arbitrary and is solid and stays the same. It's just how 2e has to be run, it's not a modern RPG with set rules. I am able to listen and be convinced of things as well. This isn't a dictatorship. My DMing style is collaborative not "vs" and more focused on player fun. The point of running this is to experience and see the game. I am not running some roguelike or hardmode game here.

We are generally using all the rules from here: https://purpleworm.org/rules/ aside the players option stuff.

Again keep in mind that while we are playing Dragonlance none of my players and not even myself have ever read it. If you are looking for deep immersive Dragonlance lore instead of viewing it as an RPG setting and module we are playing we won't know what you are talking about unless it's something we've seen.

If you have any questions ask away.
    Last edited by Kanaric; April 22nd, 2021 at 19:03.

still looking for more players who want to play 2e, i got some DMs for PF2 which we are not playing yet.

I would like to play please.

Thread Information