Hey Group!

1) Started early 90's with 2n Ed AD&D. Took a long break did a couple of DM sessions in the Late 90's using 2nd AD&D. Started playing D&D 5e two years ago.
2) Personally, never stopped enjoying the game. I'm driven by the story. For me the rules are a guide, so the change in mechanic don't matter much to me. For example, one DM I played with didn't care about all the extra spell stuff (V,S,M). He also did spell points, so you ran out of points... you had no more spells. It was his way of speeding up game play. I'm flexible. Not a believer in questioning the DM's decision. I see it as... the players living in a story and the DM facilitates the story.
3) Play style is laid back. I do have a sense of humor... for example... if my character was far "too" conversational and another member cast silence on my character to shut him the hell up. I think that is funny as hell and creative! I try to give my character a personality, and do try to play it accordingly. For example, if we as a group are having a debate about entering a cave, and my PC is a very impatient person, then he might just push past everyone and say, "ok folks! lets see what this hole in the ground has to offer us." If it's a situation that might get the whole group killed, then I might tone it down a bit.
4) I dig Homebrew.
5) I don't want...? I'm cool with the World being as it is... if there is a story behind it. I'm not interested or don't like when it includes unnecessary details. Like if two members in the group develop a relationship, and get more involved... I don't need to be informed of their sexual encounter. I'm all for playing an adult game but not when someone turns it into a well you know.... Sorry happened to me once. I just looked at the DM and said... bro I think we get it. Awkward.
6) My favorite character was playing a Thri-Kreen Assassin that had the ability to shape change to look like a human. Campaign: a group of us went to a coastal town with a small port. We collectively decided to rob a gambling room that was hidden in the back. Long story short we accidentally burned the entire town to a crisp. Best of all my character died and fried, everyone else was seriously injured. But like real friends they carried my fried body around for several days until my new character emerged from the fried body.

Like they as... Friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies. =)

I'm interested and live in California, so you all would be an hour ahead of me; which isn't bad. I got zoom so no issue there. I'm 45 yrs old, and I'll be drinking with you. =)

Okay, that's all I got.