STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFPs Small group looking to expand

Group of 4 looking for two more players to fill out our group. We play on Alberta Canada (MDT) We are primarily into the roleplaying and story progression with meaningful combat to move us through our adventures. Collaboration and teamwork are the core elements embodied at our table.

Any gender welcome, we are looking for fit more than anything.
    Must be okay with some players light use of Marijuana or drinking; we don’t tolerate over indulgence. Stay engaged.
    Not interested in bringing real world political, religious or other social issues to the game. We play to escape.
    Commitment is required. We understand that sometimes real life takes precedent but we make the time to play and are committed to it.
    We lean into our character flaws/quirks because it adds great role playing opportunities.
    We would like everyone to be willing to DM but is not a necessary requirement for entrance into our group. Willing to help new members learn if interested.

We want to be as transparent and clear as possible to make sure we get the right fit for our group and make it fun for everyone, including you. Being on the same page in regards to what we want to experience in D&D is very important. We are looking for people who like to have a character that is more than just min/max stats. Players who enjoy roleplay within the party and with the NPCs our DM put in front of us. A person who is a team player, letting everyone enjoy the spotlight from time to time. A willingness to expand and grow as a role player, trying voices, developing character plots and backgrounds with the DM, building relationships between characters. We try to take the game beyond just dice rolls describing our actions during combat, going as far as having the group Bard write a song or two and always supporting players pushing their roleplaying boundaries. If you want to be a murderhobo, constantly trying to contradict what the rest of the group is trying to accomplish then we are not the right fit for your style of play.
    We are offering up 2 positions in our group on a trial basis to make sure we are all a good fit for each other. Should the current group agree to continue playing together at the end of our new adventure you will be invited to join our ongoing campaigns. We have a great group so far and would like to add a few more to our table, those who love this game as much as we do.
    Requirements for potential new player: Some experience with Fantasy Grounds and D&D 5E rules

Game Details:

FG Unity License: We all have full license's but all you need is the Demo version
    Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: MDT or UTC-6hours
    Day of week and time: Saturday 8PM-12AMish
    If new game, planned start date: Ongoing games, one shots
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly 4hours
    Term: ongoing

Text or Voice: Voice/video
    Voice software used: Discord/Zoom
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? Record yes, Live streamed maybe one day.

Roleplay & Combat mix: Roleplaying heavy with a good mix of combat
    Number of Players in game & needed: 4 people currently & looking for 2 more
    Character starting level & equipment: Level 1 as dictated by PHB
    Character restrictions: Non Evil
    Last edited by Barrytobin; April 24th, 2021 at 23:01.

I would be very interested

Quote Originally Posted by Barrytobin View Post
    Group of 4 looking for two more players to fill out our group. We are primarily into the roleplaying and story progression with meaningful combat to move us through our adventures. Collaboration and teamwork are the core elements embodied at our table.

Any gender welcome, we are looking for fit more than anything.
    Must be okay with some players light use of Marijuana or drinking; we don’t tolerate over indulgence. Stay engaged.
    Not interested in bringing real world political, religious or other social issues to the game. We play to escape.
    Commitment is required. We understand that sometimes real life takes precedent but we make the time to play and are committed to it.
    We lean into our character flaws/quirks because it adds great role playing opportunities.
    We would like everyone to be willing to DM but is not a necessary requirement for entrance into our group. Willing to help new members learn if interested.

We want to be as transparent and clear as possible to make sure we get the right fit for our group and make it fun for everyone, including you. Being on the same page in regards to what we want to experience in D&D is very important. We are looking for people who like to have a character that is more than just min/max stats. Players who enjoy roleplay within the party and with the NPCs our DM put in front of us. A person who is a team player, letting everyone enjoy the spotlight from time to time. A willingness to expand and grow as a role player, trying voices, developing character plots and backgrounds with the DM, building relationships between characters. We try to take the game beyond just dice rolls describing our actions during combat, going as far as having the group Bard write a song or two and always supporting players pushing their roleplaying boundaries. If you want to be a murderhobo, constantly trying to contradict what the rest of the group is trying to accomplish then we are not the right fit for your style of play.
    We are offering up 2 positions in our group on a trial basis to make sure we are all a good fit for each other. Should the current group agree to continue playing together at the end of our new adventure you will be invited to join our ongoing campaigns. We have a great group so far and would like to add a few more to our table, those who love this game as much as we do.
    Requirements for potential new player: Some experience with Fantasy Grounds and D&D 5E rules

Game Details:

FG Unity License: We all have full license's but all you need is the Demo version
    Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: GMT
    Day of week and time: Saturday 8PM-12AMish
    If new game, planned start date: Ongoing games, one shots
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly 4hours
    Term: ongoing

Text or Voice: Voice/video
    Voice software used: Discord/Zoom
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? Record yes, Live streamed maybe one day.

Roleplay & Combat mix: Roleplaying heavy with a good mix of combat
    Number of Players in game & needed: 4 people currently & looking for 2 more
    Character starting level & equipment: Level 1 as dictated by PHB
    Character restrictions: Non Evil
    I have not used fantasy grounds as of yet but am active in adventurers league so the rules of the game should not be an issue. I have been desperately looking for a group and have always been interested in exploring the more role playing based aspects of the game. If I sound like I could be a fit please feel free to message me on discord at GeneralCrisis52#8902 I look forward to hearing from you

Hey,

Experienced GM here looking to be a player for a long time. Have experience with PF/PF2E. I have played a bit of 5e as well but not the most experienced in it. I run a online Friday campaign for a close group of friends that have been gaming for years, but I really want to be able to be a PC again I am pretty laid back, love rolling the dice and telling a story together. Been posting to a couple of forums looking for players but have not had any luck so far. My discord is RyanH#2650, if you are still looking for a PC Id love to chat and join.

It sounds amazing, and I'm very interested, but I'm already running a game in that time slot. My loss

So this looks very interesting.

I have played mostly 3.5 (and not that much of it) and a bit of 5th (mainly on Baldurs gate early release although I have rolled a few characters and played in some one shots like the Rick and Morty stuff ). I have the rule set (part of my FG Unity Ultimate license) and have seen some critical role, my plan would be to study a bit before the first session so that I wouldn't make a complete fool of myself but don't see my lack of experience as being a complete show stopper :-( Famous last words....

I think the most important thing is that the group enjoy playing together and that there is not someone who takes over - I like to plan my character to support the group in the best way, whatever that might be so am fairly easygoing about who/what I play - although I generally avoid magic users and cleric types as they can get too complex (I dont want to overthink stats/spells....I just enjoy the session and build out the character/story). I like to know the areas that a party is not strong in as I don't like situations where it feels people are competing to do something, everyone should have their turn in the spotlight, whether it be the focus of the story or letting their character shine in his area of choice.

I am not a great role player...it takes me at least two sessions to really find the character that I want to be and whilst I try voices and stuff its not my forte.....I am not shy but I can get a bit self conscious. I do like to build out the backstory and lore though, happy to contribute with suggestions and effort outside of the game as it makes it more immersive, I want to really feel like I am part of the world and that decisions have consequences if that makes sense.

I have run my own games before but only in the Savage Worlds space (hence the Ultimate license) - would be willing to DM in the future but would want to get better on the rules before I committed....again, having a group that is relaxed and non judgmental is sometimes hard to find online.

Home life - I live with my Czech GF and my 16 year old son is round at the weekend so Saturday nights so I am normally on my PC playing something like Crusader kings or Divinity Original Sin with a beer. My 3.5 game that ran on Sunday came to an end a few weeks ago and I am looking for something to fill the slot.

Hope this helps - if not suitable then good luck with the search and the future streaming :-)

Hey,
    I'm new to FG but been playing D&D since highschool.
    I actually came on here and was looking in to fantasy grounds because I wanted to GM and am hoping to setup a game locally but that wont be happening anytime soon.

Im a nice chill guy who doesn't care who anyone sleeps with (unless someone wants to sleep with me i suppose) who likes RPGs and smoking weed occasionally.

First round of questions we ask if you want to get ahead of the ball. Thanks to everyone so far who is going through this process, we look forward to finding new members soon.

1) Can you Tell me a bit about your History with RPGs?
    2) What is your experience/opinion of D&D 5E?
    3) How would you descried your playing style?
    4) How do you feel about homebrew ?
    5) What do you absolutely not want in your Games?
    6)Tell me about your favorite and least favorite character/campaign moments?

We have a great group of player currently and we are looking for players that aren't afraid to roleplay and dive into the worlds we create. We are looking for a weekly commitment from players, we play Saturday Nights starting 7pm (GMT time) and ending around midnight, pushing the evening to wrap up at better points ( not in the middle of combat).
    Where do you live, is a time difference going to be a problem?
    Have a look over the Ad and check to make sure there aren't going to be issues.
    We also have some tech requirements, you must have audio and video as we play with both. Our DM has an incredible sound set up and has sound effects for all the actions and spells in the game, really adds to the emersion.

All replies back will be in private emails .
    Last edited by Barrytobin; April 24th, 2021 at 22:07.

Wait, what time zone are you in? I am on mountain time which is -7 hours off Greenwich mean time. GMT
    Last edited by DeepTrout; April 25th, 2021 at 07:18. Reason: Voice to text sucks

I would be very interested. I have sent you a Message.

We are playing MDT ( running the game from Alberta Canada) i had the time zone wrong on the ad, have made the change on the ad.

Thread Information