5E Character Create Playlist

Tarokka Readings in FG

Hey all,

I'm prepping Curse of Strahd and am thinking about various ways to present a Tarokka reading to my players.

What have you all done for this?

Since we can't do video in FG, I was thinking about building a Powerpoint presentation and then playing that in Discord. Seems like a simple solution.

Did you find any alternatives to this?

I'd use the story template and cards provided in the module.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I'd use the story template and cards provided in the module.
    How would you present this visually, like a tarot card layout?
    Or is there some aspect of the story template that is visual? Maybe I am missing something.

It just occurred to me that I could use an image of a fortune teller's tabletop, and add the images of the card faces, and make them appear to the players one at a time.

This would be preferable, as I wouldn't want to have to leave FG for Discord if possible.

Yes, I should have expanded that a bit but was in a hurry.

The template will tell you what cards that were drawn. Find an image that is just a green baize or as you say a fortune tellers tabletop (does such a thing exist?). and share that with your players. then drag the card image you want into that image which will create a layer. Continue with each image in turn. You could do all this in advance but hide the layers with the cards on them and then make each image visible when needed.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information