DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How to simulate a map with multiple height levels using Line of Sight?

First of all, I apologize if I'm putting my question in the wrong place.
    How to deal with the following situation, in the last session the GM used a map where there were three levels, the characters were at the highest level, but on the slopes of the lowest levels there were bushes and stones, which would be blocking vision for both of us who were a level above and for those of the same level as these occluders, so far perfect, but how to deal with the slope that would block the view of those who are one level below and would not block the view of those who are on the level above, I thought about using the pit, without blocking the movement, but it blocked the view only inside it.

Blog Entries
    I don't think you can in a general/generic sense. There may be a few cases where you can by using layers and then controlling layer visibility and enabling LOS elements. But for most cases, separate elevations are best done without layering them on top of each other (i.e. offsetting the elevations to different parts of the map/image) and therefore you can't use LOS "normally". You can use other tokens that represent a generic party and add it to Party Vision so that you can place that on the different elevations to simulate what the characters on elevations can see.

Or, you can just use the mask.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Citing the other platform as a reference only, there is a way to simulate "curtains" which is an occlusion that blocks the view but not movement and there is a way to direct the vision block precisely to simulate multiple levels on the same map, this is not for to say that this or that is better, but just a way to clarify a situation and pray that it becomes possible on the platform I chose to call my own

Blog Entries
    FYI, you can name other platforms here. No one is threatened by such. And it might help others understand just what you are wanting etc.

As for the LOS element type, you mean an Illusionary Wall? See; Working+with+Images+as+the+GM#Layer-Line-of-Sight-(LOS)

I still don't see how that would give you want you are looking for, maybe an image or sketch would help show it?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'll try to make a video showing my idea, I hope you can make me understand, because by the language I know I won't be able to: D

It is a difficult one to get right since we are on a 2d map and trying to simulate a 3d environment. You can use terrain occluders to represent contour lines on a slope but they work both ways. So if you are at the bottom of a slope then you can't see the top; but equally if you are at the top of the slope it prevents you seeing the bottom - which is unrealistic. See video twelve here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...112#post492112 for a possible solution.

In version 4.1 there are improvements to pits in that they can now be toggled to block LoS or not and also movement or not. So those might be useable in combination with terrain to achieve something more realistic. The tool that is probably needed for this kind of thing is a one way LoS occluder which blocks vision in only one direction; and currently such an occluder doesn't exist. (I suppose you could point to illusionary walls but they act like they are walls rather than terrain - so not really suitable).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes, Zacchaeus I tried all the occluders in the live and test version and in both of them the one that had the best result was wearing a mask, but it would be interesting to have a future addition of directing the vision would certainly bring new possibilities.

Thread Information